Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 Replication

scott-goodwin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Is anyone having a problem with DB replication on 4.2?

I have both my ACS servers added in the network devices with correct keys set.

i have set one to send and the other to recieve in the db replication settings, I have also set the partner on the sending device and set the accept from on the receiving end correctly.

I can ping between the two boxes, however I get a no response error on the sending ACS.

I get nothing in the logs of the receiver?

Any Ideas??

Cheers

Scott

6 Replies 6

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Scott,

Please make sure that replication is setup correctly.

1) Make sure that you are not replicating over NAT. Replication over NAT does not work because the IP is used as part of the server authentication

2) Next, check to make sure that you are not sending or receiving the distribution table. On the primary server, the distribution table should not be checked in the send list, and on the secondary, the distribution table should not be checked for receive.

3) Then I would like you to check in the secondary server's partner list, to make sure that the primary is not listed. You should not enter the primary server into the partner list on the secondary server. However, the primary server should have all secondary servers listed in its partner list.

4) Ensure that the secondary server has it's replication scheduling set to "manual".

5) Please verify that your servers are all running exactly the same ACS version and build.

6) Also let me know if we have any firewall in between two acs servers.

Regards,

~JG

HI,

There is no firewall between the hosts, also no Nat.

I have checked the settings and they are as you explain.

Both servers are built from the same 4.2 media build with no patches applied.(as per another of your posts ;))

Still getting same message.

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

Is it a new installation or it stopped working after the upgrade to 4.2 ?

Please ensure port 2000 is open. Also if possible can you sniff the primary and secondary acs ports ? That will let us know if any traffic is hitting secondary acs.

From primary sniff we can confirm destination IP of replication traffic.

Regards,

~JG

Hi,

No we haven't upgraded its a new installation.

I will sniff the traffic however it looks like the traffic never gets to sent or get lost in transit.

Will let you know outcome of capture.

Thanks

Scott

Hi,

I have now sniffed the traffic and the Secondary ACS is sending back an RST, however all is configured up correctly.

Any Ideas

Scott

Scott,

Do you see any "malformed packet" during the tcp handshake ?

Do we have multiple NIC on server ?

Can you send me sniffer trace ?

Regards,

~JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: