How to treat control traffic in QoS policy-map

Unanswered Question

Hello Dear

I'm trying to configure the policy-map for Ethernet interface of the router.

and I wonder if I should define the class for controling traffic(like RoutingProtocol,HSRP,GRE-keepalive etc) in this policy.

I found a document says that total amount of bandwidth of all class-maps should be under 75% of available bandwidth because the other 25 percent is used for control and routing traffic.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0t/12_0t5/feature/guide/cbwfq.html

Are these control traffic directed to class-default?

or are they out of control with the QoS process?

(are any packet originated by the router itself same?)

or should I prepare a dedicated class-map for them?

Regards

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Loading.

Actions

This Discussion