Views
Helpful
Replies

Error RME Upgrade LMS2.6 -> LMS3.0

MarioLieb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

at the moment i'd try to take a Remote Upgrade from LMS2.6 -> LMS3.

After the installation of CiscoWorks 3.0 and the Backup of the data from LMS2.6 i strated the Restore.

At the part restoring RME (after 95%) a errormessage appears and the Restore stopped. Now i'm afraid about lost data an the new LMS System.

Have anyone a idea ?

Here the relevant part of the migration.log

Warning - No current logger set

23/Jun/2008 11:13:00:902 49390 [main] ERROR com.cisco.nm.rmeng.migration.MigrMain 317 -

com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.utils.DCMAUtilException

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.utils.DCMAPreferences.putPreferences(DCMAPreferences.java:903)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.utils.DCMAPreferences.setCCRValue(DCMAPreferences.java:209)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.utils.DCMAPreferences.setArchiveDir(DCMAPreferences.java:685)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.migration.DcmaDataMigrator.doRestore(DcmaDataMigrator.java:285)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.migration.DcmaDataMigrator.doMigration(DcmaDataMigrator.java:155)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.migration.MigrMain.callAppDoMigration(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.migration.MigrMain.main(Unknown Source)

23/Jun/2008 11:13:00:902 49390 [main] FATAL com.cisco.nm.rmeng.migration.MigrMain ? - Operation could not be proceeded..

23/Jun/2008 11:13:00:902 49390 [main] FATAL com.cisco.nm.rmeng.migration.MigrMain ? - Reason is :null

Thanks in advanced

Mario

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like an issue with the NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml file. However, I am at Networkers right now, and I can't dig into this. I suggest you open a TAC service request, and include this regdaemon.xml file as well as the full migration.log.

Hi

thanks for your answer. I'd fixed the problem. I am not sure which update was the reson i installed the Updatepack lms30_dec07_update_win_k9. Now the following versions running on my LMS- System

CiscoWorks Common Services 3.1.1

Campus Manager 5.0.3

CiscoView 6.1.7

CiscoWorks Assistant 1.0.1

Device Fault Manager 3.0.2

LMS Portal 1.0.1

Resource Manager Essentials 4.1.1

After this Updates i made an Restore which works fine

Thanks Mario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: