Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection Operator transfer

cg100668
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have integrated CUCM 6.1 with Cisco Unity Connection 2.1. I have 2 questions concerning the Cisco Unity Connection 2:

1. How to transfer a call directly to someone mailbox?

2. When a call comes in and the user is not at his desk, the call goes to voicemail after 4 rings. The standard greeting is played and at the end it says "please press 0 to transfer to the operator". However after pressing 0 the calls does not go to the operator, it says the opsrator is not available. Where sould I configure so that callers can press 0 to go to the operator.

Thanks,

Chandrasen

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chandrasen,

For question #1, have a look at the following link (this will work for Unity Connection as well).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

For question #2

To Specify What Cisco Unity Connection Does When Callers Press Key(s) During a Greeting for an Individual User or Template

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the user account or template that you want to edit.

Step 2 On the Edit menu, click Caller Input.

Step 3 In the Caller Input Keys table, click the applicable touchtone key.

Step 4 On the Edit Caller Input page for the key that you have selected, check the Ignore Additional Input (Locked) check box.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Ensure that the touchtone key you select to lock is not the first digit of any of the extensions in your system. If it is, locking the key will prevent callers from dialing an extension. Instead, select a key that is not the first digit of any extension.

Step 5 Choose the action that Connection will take when the caller presses the applicable key:

Call Action Select the applicable action from the list. When Hang Up is selected, Cisco Unity Connection will immediately terminate the call when the caller presses the applicable key.

Call Handler Sends the call to the system call handler that you specify. Specify whether the call should transfer to the call handler extension or go directly to the greeting of the handler.

Interview Handler Sends the call to the interview handler that you specify.

Directory Handler Sends the call to the directory handler that you specify.

Conversation Sends the call to the conversation that you specify.

User with Voice Mailbox Sends the call to the user that you specify. Specify whether the call should transfer to the user extension or go directly to the greeting of the user.

Step 6 Repeat Step 3 through Step 5 for additional keys you want to define.

Step 7 Click Save.

Step 8 On each applicable Greetings page for the user or template, confirm that the Ignore Caller Input check box is unchecked. (By default, the Ignore Caller Input check box is unchecked.)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user_mac/guide/2xcucmac040.html#wp1070352

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the information. It is working great for point 1. I will rate this post 5.

On point 2 I have a question: On the User Template>Edit>Caller Input>Action for '0' there are 3 options, GoodBye, Opening Greeting and Operator. I have chosen operator. Can you please let me know where can I define the extension number of the operator? Do I need to create a user and name it Operator?

Hi Chandrasen,

You are most welcome!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you :) Can you try making these changes on an Individual user and on a Brand new Template. I don't think this can be adjusted on an existing Template. I will have a look at this today in the lab as well.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: