Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 and Busy problem

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ,

I have a problem with a VG224 configured with MGCP to CM5.Every now and then one of the ports will just go busy and the only way to cure this is to reload the box.

We have upgraded the IOS twice and it makes no difference.

Anyone seen anythinh similiar

thanks

mark

10 Replies 10

rudyfaber
Level 1
Level 1

Mark,

we are running into the same issue and I have been working with TAC for about 1.5 days now. Still no resolution. If you did get a work around etc.. please share. I will keep you updated on our issue as well.

Thanks

Rudy

I bet you if you got those VG's off mgcp and put them on sccp, all your problems would go away!

Cheers,

Chad

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you found a resolution? We are experiencing the same trouble, except we can reset the dn(not the phone) and it restores service.

The only resolution we found was to change to SCCP from MGCP. From what the experts tell me this is the way to go - VG224's should always use SCCP.

Hope this helps.

Rudy

I agree. SCCP seems to be the best option for VG224s, as you also get the bonus of the supplementary features being available, eg MWI, call forward, pickup groups etc.

Cheers,

Alistair

jmaat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem and it seems like that it's bug CSCsh44798.

You can check it by using these debug commands:

debug vpm signal

debug mgcp pack

Regards,

Jeroen

Jeroen,

keep us posted but the fix was to change over SCCP.

Thanks

Rudy

Hi Rudyfaber,

I upgraded to version vg224-i6s-mz.124-13f.bin and the problem is resolved.

Regards,

Jeroen

jawad-ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

we had the same issue and our issue was resolved by rebuilding the VG's with SCCP. however these bugs might help...

CSCsu32154:MGCP controlled fxs port intermittently gets into unusable state

CSCsq97697:No dialtone is heard when an outgoing call is made right after call disc

jawad-ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

we had the same issue and our issue was resolved by rebuilding the VG's with SCCP. however these bugs might help...

CSCsu32154:MGCP controlled fxs port intermittently gets into unusable state

CSCsq97697:No dialtone is heard when an outgoing call is made right after call disc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: