Unanswered Question
Jun 23rd, 2008

Is it advisable for me to start my CCNP certification without taking the CCNA exams ,i took CCNA training for the old 604-801.

Pls help

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.5 (2 ratings)
ccannon88567 Mon, 06/23/2008 - 06:32

CCNP Prerequisites

Valid CCNA certification

The only one that has no prerequisites is the CCIE both written and lab. Though with less than 20,000 CCIE's worldwide the chances of someone passing without any previous certs are very slim indeed.

Hope this helps.

jrensink78 Mon, 06/23/2008 - 11:23

You do not have to have earned your CCNA certification prior to taking the CCNP level tests. So you could pass all of the CCNP level tests and then take your CCNA if you really wanted to.

jrensink78 Tue, 06/24/2008 - 05:45

Just to help but some validity to this, here is an excerpt from the Certification support site. So you can see that you can at least take the CCNP exams and have them count without having a valid CCNA yet.

Can I achieve a Professional Level certification with an expired CCNA certification

No, a valid CCNA certification is a prerequisite for Professional Level certifications.

Candidates are allowed to complete the Professional Level exams without having a valid CCNA Certification. However, the Professional Level certification will not be awarded until the CCNA prerequisite has been met.

mohammedanasshaikh Wed, 06/25/2008 - 07:26

but even if i dont get a professional certificate, willl i atleast get a marsheet tat shows tat i hav cleared my ccnp....

ascoolasice Thu, 06/26/2008 - 19:12

Hello mohammed,

I think there will be some record that you completed your ccnp, but you'll not be awarded a certificate until you complete the ccna.

da3angwenyi Wed, 06/25/2008 - 19:46

Thanks all for the overwhelming replies at least now i know what to do

This Discussion