Views
Helpful
Replies

adding prefix to DN depending on extension

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all!

Is there a nice way to do the prefixing on the CallManager depending on the extension that I have on the phone?

For example I have extensions 1XX and 2XX. When 1XX is calling out I want to add prefix 1111-1XX and when 2XX is calling it should be 2222-2XX. They are both using the same MGCP GW with PRI on.

I have an idea with multiple Calling search spaces and double route patterns which would apply prefixes each to its DN's but I would like to know if there is an easier way to do this.

regards,

Goran Pilat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately with that setup; what you mention is the only option, if you were using H323 then you could use translation rules on the GW to modify the calling party. but that's not possible with MGCP

since CUCM cannot make calls based on the calling number then the only way is to create a route pattern for each set of numbers

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately with that setup; what you mention is the only option, if you were using H323 then you could use translation rules on the GW to modify the calling party. but that's not possible with MGCP

since CUCM cannot make calls based on the calling number then the only way is to create a route pattern for each set of numbers

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Unfortunately, I thought so myself :( It will have to be then double route patterns... This functionality doesn't seem so complicated to deploy and sure would be useful..

thanks&regards,

Goran

that would be the only option if you don't want to change to h323 for the gateways to use translation rules

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: