cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Voicemails?

sturcott9891
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to have multiple voicemails on a phone line without just simply adding another phone line? For instance I would like it so the user has their personal phone line that they're able to call out on, but then have a button on one of the phone lines that they press and it goes into a voicemail that is shared by many users. Is that possible?

We're using Unity 2.0 and Call Manager 6.0

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I will see if I can define what you are talking about, otherwise, post an example.

Phone A: x4000

Phone B: x4000

Phone C: x4000

Phone A, B, C all share extension x4000 as their primary line. On Unity Connection, x4000 is a mailbox for these (3) phones. If a message is left, it will light up the MWI and leave a envelop next to that line.

If you want to add subscribers into Unity without adding lines onto the phone, just add a new Subscriber and line. If it's a DID, you will need to add a CTI route Point so it routes it to Unity from the outside/inside world. If it's just for internal, use a Non-DID number within your dial plan.

The only problem, if Sally at Phone A with x4000 has another mailbox on Unity with x4500, she will not know if she has new voicemail unless she dials into to Unity and checks. Unity has no way of notifying Sally at Phone A there is a new message. (unless you use notifications or IMAP, etc) If you want MWI or envelop on the x4000 line, you will set this up, which could be confusing for the Phone A user Sally. Will the message be for x4000 or x4500?

Let us know if this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: