Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Publisher and Subscriber problem

dimensyssrl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

We have two CCM 4.3, one publisher and one subscriber.

We have a voice gateway, a 2821 router, for pstn connection (with isdn pri).

All works well.

Problems begin if we need to stop primary ccm: when this happen, outside calls work well, but inbount call no.

When primary ccm is down, I can see this output from voice gateway:

VGW2821#sh ccm-manager

MGCP Domain Name: VGW2821

Priority Status Host

============================================================

Primary Down 192.168.57.7

First Backup Registered 192.168.57.11

Second Backup None

Current active Call Manager: 192.168.57.11

It seems ok, but inbound calls don't work; I can see calls coming in, with debug into router, but CCM doen't route them.

In CCM --> Device --> Gateway

I see vgw in "Not registerd" status (from web management interface in backup ccm).

Maybe I've misconfigured voice gateway? Or CCM?

Thanks

Daniele

2 Replies 2

Hi Daniele,

I need some help from you, i am an intern recently hired by a firm and i m working my way through a similar scenario which you have configured. I have a CCM 6.x and a CME 2801 i wanted to know how i can connect and configure these devices such that the call manager would be the publisher and the CME will be the subscriber, please let me know if you could help me with this. i would appreciate if you could tell me how you configured the call manager you hav as a publisher i am fairly new to this and i dont have the commands and any documents that give me this info..

Thanks,

Mohammed Anas

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

does the GW config under the CUCM has a device pool that has under the CUCM group both servers?

you need to configure the backup server under the GW config but also make sure the GW under CUCM has a CUCM group with the servers to which the GW can failover

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: