Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call handle problem

Incoming call are answered by POTS-Provider (T-Com) as the number not available! The number dailed was correct! Also local numbers are redirected to a dial-peer withs is a fax on a FXS port (Dail-peer 3). No dial-peer redirection is configured with explance this behavior. Debug is on end confirms the problem. I have added the part of the config which is important. It seems that incoming calls which count 1 digit for the extension number are forward the the fax.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^30120$/ /50/

rule 2 /^\(3012\)\(..\)/ /\2/

!

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /\(^.+\)/ /00\1/ type national national

rule 2 /\(^.+\)/ /000\1/ type international international

rule 3 /\(^.+\)/ /00\1/ type any subscriber

!

voice translation-profile PSTN_IN

translate calling 10

translate called 1

!

dial-peer voice 50 pots (to dial-peer voice 53 pots)

description ** Anlagenanschluss 1 **

translation-profile incoming PSTN_IN

destination-pattern 0T

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0

no sip-register

18 Replies 18

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, can't really understand the question. Can you reformulate in different words, perhaps with an example ?

example:

The main telephone-nr. is 1234-0.

The internal number are 10 or 20 or 13.

When someone calls 123410 the internal number rings, totally OK.

Now someone calls 12341 then it rings and the dial-peer 3, a fxs port with fax, answers. The fxs-port has the number 80. This isn't OK, because nothing tells the dial-peer 3 to answer. The samething happens when someone calls a not existing number in the number range.

Hi, I assume you have ISDN although you haven't mentioned that.

Please make sure you have "isdn overlap-receiving" under bri or pri interface.

Then observe with "debug isdn q931" and "term mon" what is the called number, you should be able to understand why it ends on the "wrong" port.

all 4 ISDN ports is configured like

interface BRI0/1/0

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn overlap-receiving

isdn point-to-point-setup

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn sending-complete

isdn static-tei 0

I allready log debug isdn q931 and debug voip dailpeer inout to sylog-server. Therefore I saw whats happening with the dial-peer 3. There is no logic for the reaction for dial-peer 3 (FAX on FXS port).

Hi,

you haven't sent you complete configuration neither the debug output, so it's impossible to say why it is happening, but be reassured it's a configuration issue.

Unrelated to that I note that you have not put the 4 BRI ports in trunk group, thing that would simplify configuration a lot.

Can I send yout the config to a e-mail address?

What do you mean with Trunk group for the BRI ports?

Please use the forum only. You can edit sensitive numbers and addresses with some x here and there.

You can:

voice-port x/y/z

trunk-group bri

[repeat for all bri voice ports]

dial-peer voice xxx pots

trunkgroup bri

This way you reduce the number of DPs and apply all the translation-profile under a central point. Much easier to understand and administer.

The config is attachted and I attach the Log the reports about a caller on number 10232. The number is not known or are number is cut off, why I don't know. But in this situation and many other the caller is redirect on dial-peer 3 with correspondent with the fax on nr. 80.

Where do you want 10232 to go?

There is no config for that, as the translation rule expects two digits after 1023.

You should configure an explicit DP to send 10232 when you want to send it.

10232 go nowhere, exactly. That number does not exist and isnot configured or the number is cut-off (why ever). That is the point, I want no DP, but it seems that see log that for unkown reason the "not configured number" is translate to DP 3! That is what about my problem.

Hi, I think the solution is to prevent the activation of DP 3. I'm guessing to solved the problem with a extra translation-rule:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^30120$/ /50/

rule 2 /^\(3012\)\(..\)/ /\2/

(NEW) rule 3 /^\(3012\)\(.\)/ /50/

this would cause that a 1 digit nummer is translated to the number 50. Right?

Hi, rule 3 doesn't make much sense as a "kept" expression in brackets is not then reused.

If you mention what you want to do I can suggesta simpler way.

I would like to prevent incoming calls which has only 1 digit at the end of the string that they get on DP 3 (FAX), with is not logical. I would like to route that kind of incoming call on the internal number 50.

In presence of overlap receiving, you can have issues doing that, because some internal logic doesn't work well. However you can try:

rule 1 /^3012.$/ /50/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: