cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Impending LMS 3.1 update drop questions

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Whats the supported upgrade path ? Will it be 3.0->3.01->3.1 or can I do a 3.0-3.1 migration ?

I've got one of my two production clusters upgraded to 3.01, but if I can go directly from 3.0 to 3.1 I'd much rather do that.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.0 and 3.0.1 can be upgraded to 3.1 inline or via a remote upgrade.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.0 and 3.0.1 can be upgraded to 3.1 inline or via a remote upgrade.

The Documentation for LMS 3.1 is already accessible. When will be the LMS 3.1 update available for download ?

I have been informed by Cisco TAC that version 3.2 is out end of July.

LMS 3.1 will not be available for download. It will be shipped on DVDs. It is scheduled to ship starting on July 1.

So the LMS3.1 Update must be purchased additional even from exisitng LMS3.0 customers ? The LMS3.0 is barely a year old. Will new service packs be released for LMS3.0 and LMS3.1 separate ?

No, LMS 3.1 will be free for customers with an LMS 3.0 contract. New IDU updates will be released for LMS 2.6, 3.0.1, and 3.1.

Will the LMS3.1 be available via the "Product Upgrade Tool" www.cisco.com/upgrade ? Until now it's not.

The LMS3.1 has some interesting improvements and we would like to get the new version as soon as possible ( of course we have an LMS3.0 contract).

Yes, it should be available via the upgrade tool. You might want to talk to your SE as well.

One of our customer also has a Contract (3582209) and through the upgrade tool it is not available. WE install LMS 3.0 for them more than 6 months ago.

will try the SE.

Just a note for anyone following this thread:

LMS 3.1 was not available via the product upgrade tool for my SAS account either. BUT since we've got a High Touch contract too six reps of our account team are getting it expedited for direct shipment.

You need to engage your account teams to get this update.

I'm looking into this. The last I heard, the idea was to make this upgrade available to SAS customers via the Upgrade Tool. This might vae changed, but I should have a definitive answer soon.

The problem is with the Product Upgrade Tool's database at the moment. People are working to resolve the issue, and it shouldn't be too much longer before the 3.1 upgrade is appearing for 3.0 SAS customers.

At least 15 customers have seen LMS 3.1 in the Upgrade Tool. The problem has been escalated, and is still being worked on. Please check http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ BEFORE going to your account team. We hope to have this all sorted out soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco