cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remote call divert

silex
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a way for users (from a remote phone) to set the main number to divert. This would go to someones home number, if the home number isn't answered it would then try their mobile and if that is not answered try a third number. Also as well as setting up divert, the remote user could define what the divert number will be (say form a list of 10 numbers such as 0=someones home, 1= someones mobile etc etc, the administrator could then dictate where the number is diverted to.

I am using CUCMBE 6.1 (with Unity connections and also have UCCX 5.0

my first question is can this be done and secondly how

6 Replies 6

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Absolutely this can be done! It would take a few special things

1. Custom Java AXL class that updates forwarding on a CTI PORT.

2. Custom UCCX script that calls this class and updates forwarding to whoevers number.

This is prett much it. From here you should be able to work something out :)

I don't have any AXL in java but myvoipsource.org does!

HTH,

Chad

If you really need this, I can write a quick update to my SOAPReq.java to make it do what you want with CCM AXL. Let me know if its critical!

Chad

many thanks, Chad. I will see how far I get as I

don't believe it is a showstopper.

It's great to receive help and nudged in the right direction, it saves hours of time trying to find answers, and usually ends in going down wrong track. Once again many thanks for your feedback

"This would go to someones home number, if the home number isn't answered it would then try their mobile and if that is not answered try a third number"

Actually this sound exaclty what im after at this moment. I need to be able to use IVR5 to have a simple script that welcomes the user and then searches for available phones, these phones are mobile phones and i need to bring back the call if the dialed mobile is busy, not answering etc. and then to try another number.

Could this soap thing do this and how does this work? I have knowledge in ivr and ipcc hosted scripting but not any java knowledge.

Hi

I am doing this hunting using IPCC.. without any Java

just redirect the call (I am actually intiating one) to victim1 (string = mobile no)

if unsuccessful or busy go to redirect to victim2 and so on.

Make sure victim1 victim2 are set as parameters so that the numbers can be changed from application screen and dont have to edit the script for that

HTH

How can you bring back the call if the mobile is busy? The mobiles are not connected to the IP Pbx so cucm cannot know in what state the receiving party is in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: