cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

enterprise call center and agent not ready

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Enterprise call center 7.x. Customer is complaining this: when a call comes to personal line on the phone and not answer, the agent will kick out and went into not ready status. Is this the limitation of Enterprise call center? i know the other call center product ipcc express does not have this limitation. Can experts clarify this?

10 Replies 10

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

This is expected behavior in IPCC E 7.x.

Chad

Thanks. No workaround?

The behavior you are describing here is also known as RONA (Ring no answer), the Agent get a Call through the Hotline (CTI-RP) and after the configured RONA time expires the Peripheral gateway will set the Agent to not ready and route the Call to the next Agent (when properly configured).

This should not be the Case when the Agent get a Call to his personal DN!!! as this is a Callmanager configuration and has nothing to do with IPCC.

Are you sure the Customer is referring to personal DN instead of CTI-RP Hotline?

I totally agree with you. That's my thought too. Technically it should not have anything to do with personal line. Customer know agent will be out of the queue if ACD line is not answering since server will have to re-route the call to other available agents. It's the personal line they are claiming. Is there a document or link really document it should not be the case?

Did you check their CCM CDR? you can also use the Query analyzer from the DAW

for instance:

select * from Termination_Call_Detail

AND RingTime= 'xx'

AND CallDisposition='19'

where xx is the RONA time configured on the Config manager-> Agent Desk Setting.

This will help you investigate the exact cause of the probl. HTH.

Hi,

the agent will move to a not ready status on their CC extension to prevent him/her being reserved for a CC call or being seen available there and counted against the LAA by example.

There is no solution for this since it is the expected behaviour to avoid missed calls.

Regards,

Riccardo

Matthew Berry
Level 1
Level 1

Do your agent phones have two lines? If their primary line is set for their personal number, then you can run into this.

When you set an agent to have their agent line as primary, you don't run into this issue.

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite

I jus tested it, make sure the DNs allocated to IPCC share the same CSS. If the personal DNs are different from the IPCC DNs, calling their personal DN on the same phone device will not trigger the RONA, and thus the Not Ready state.

Thanks. Just double check with you: Did you test on enterprise IPCC or express IPCC? My problem was on enterprise IPCC platform.

It was on IPCC Enterprise 7

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: