cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM alerts/notifications- delay option?

js88888888
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to configure DFM to not email anything unless the event has been active for X polling cycles or X seconds/minutes? This would be for DFM 2.0.11.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no such event intelligence in DFM.

Does this also mean that there is no event suppression based on topology. For example a backbone router goes down, all the events regarding reaching devices on the far side of the down router are suppressed.

I believe you are referring to root cause analysis or event correlation. LMS does not support event correlation.

Regards,

Jaffer

Thanks for the info.

So, does Cisco offer a "comprehensive" monitoring application that includes these types of options? Something more configurable and granular as offered in other non-Cisco apps, if you know what I mean.

We used to sell a product called Cisco Info Center which was a OEM of Micromuse Netcool. We no longer sell CIC, but Netcool is still available from IBM. It offers a very powerful rule engine for correlating events. The EMC/Smarts InCharge product also offers more configurable options than DFM.

As far as I know, Cisco does not offer anything that meets your requirements. You would need something similar to HP Network Node Manager. Hope this helps...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: