cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM alerts/notifications- delay option?

js88888888
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to configure DFM to not email anything unless the event has been active for X polling cycles or X seconds/minutes? This would be for DFM 2.0.11.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no such event intelligence in DFM.

Does this also mean that there is no event suppression based on topology. For example a backbone router goes down, all the events regarding reaching devices on the far side of the down router are suppressed.

I believe you are referring to root cause analysis or event correlation. LMS does not support event correlation.

Regards,

Jaffer

Thanks for the info.

So, does Cisco offer a "comprehensive" monitoring application that includes these types of options? Something more configurable and granular as offered in other non-Cisco apps, if you know what I mean.

We used to sell a product called Cisco Info Center which was a OEM of Micromuse Netcool. We no longer sell CIC, but Netcool is still available from IBM. It offers a very powerful rule engine for correlating events. The EMC/Smarts InCharge product also offers more configurable options than DFM.

As far as I know, Cisco does not offer anything that meets your requirements. You would need something similar to HP Network Node Manager. Hope this helps...