Cisco ONS 15454 E3-12 & E3/DS3 loopback testing

Unanswered Question
Jun 23rd, 2008

I was wondering if it was possible to daisy chain all the ports (with a hard loop on the last port) on the FMEC E3/DS3 and create circuits between the looped ports in order to perform BER testing on all the E3 ports.

I set that up and connected my test set, but when start sending a signal I end up getting a LOF alarm.

Does anyone have any ideas on what my problem may be and how I would go about performing my test for all the E3 ports?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
klowen@kdlinc.com Tue, 06/24/2008 - 14:20

Well, there is some info that is needed. What software version are you running? How are the circuits built? In one place you say they are daisy-chained and in another you say the circuits are looped.

I am not familiar with the E3 as we just use DS3s, but here is what I have done.

First, daisy chain the circuits on the backplane (1 out -> 2 in, 2 out -> 3 in, ... , 11 out -> 12 in). Then put an external loop on all 12 ports using CTC (Card view > Maintenance tab > Loopback). The test set output connects to port 1 in and the test set input connects to port 12 out. You should be able to run your test then.

tomlin Thu, 07/03/2008 - 16:15

based on your test set-up.. did you create circuits between all the ports and then use a physical loop (fiber connections between the ports) on all the ports?

I have it set up with circuits on the backplane and physical loops in the following manner:

test set -> port 1

port 1-> port 2 (VC3 circuit)

port 2-> port 3 (physical loop)

port 3-> port 4 (VC3 circuit)

port 4-> port 5 (physical loop)

port 5-> port 6 (VC3 circuit)

port 12 -> port 12 (physical loop)

When i have this set up and traffic running from my test set , i keep getting LOF alarms on my test set.

However for some reason it works for only 2 ports... anything past 2 ports seems to be unstable and i get alarms..

Any ideas?

bennyjohn Sat, 06/28/2008 - 18:10

first try to do with one port then try to continue with daisy chain,It should work

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 23, 2008 at 11:11 AM
Stats:
Replies:3 Overall Rating:
Views:491 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.