cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7916 Expansion Module not working.

cshannahan
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all, we have a 7975 with a 7916 module. We upgraded our CM 5.1 code to support the module and it see's it, we select it on the device.

The expansion module shows numbers from 1-14 for SD but if you enter anything after SD 14 it's called "abriviated dialing" which is not what we want. I enter a number into slot 15 and it doesn't show up on button 15 on the phone. It seems there isn't enough speed dials for the module on the phone configuration, any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

Have a look at the Phone Button Template for the 7975. If you find the default Button Template you can Copy it/rename it (something like 7975with7916)and reconfigure it with the appropriate Speed Dial Buttons. Once this has been done go back to the phone/device in question and apply this new Phone Button Template> Update> then go to add/update Speed Dials and you will see all the keys available :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

Have a look at the Phone Button Template for the 7975. If you find the default Button Template you can Copy it/rename it (something like 7975with7916)and reconfigure it with the appropriate Speed Dial Buttons. Once this has been done go back to the phone/device in question and apply this new Phone Button Template> Update> then go to add/update Speed Dials and you will see all the keys available :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

I have created a new template. I select the speed dials and I can only do 13 speed dials, then it lists the rest as Abbreviated Dial Settings.

Can all the buttons on the 7916 be speed dials?

Wait, I see what you mean now, there was a template created but it was an individial one, I created another one and added all the speed dials, tanks.

On the device configuration page, do you have to note that you have an extension module?

Hi Julio,

Yes, you do need to indicate 1 or 2 Expansion Modules to go along with the Phone Button Template :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

I had this issue with CM 6.1. I soloved by loading the latest phone load for the 7965/7975 phone. The problem was not with the 7916 phone load it was the phone's phone load.

I just ran into the same issue. Running 6.1.2 with a 7965 with a 7916 expansion module. I had to update the phone load to 8-3-5 and the module load to B016-1-0-2.SBN to work with the 7965 on this version of UCM.

The 1.0(2) version of 7915,7916 firmware should be used when your Cisco IP Phone is using the version listed below:

Cisco IP Phone Model

7962, 7965, and 7975

Version

8.3(5) and later

From this link:

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074289/18600/cmterm-7915_7916.1-0-2-readme.html

Having a similar issue here with a expansion module 7916 and IP phone 7975, but I have uploaded the most recent firmware.

Issue I am having is that the expansion module lights are all solid amber, I have added a new phone template... Not of the next steps... Any Ideas????

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: