cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config archive not using telnet

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I have several hundred devices where most using ssh but some are still on telnet. under transport protocol I have specified in the order as SSH, telnet and TFTP but I have noticed that config archive is only using ssh for some devices where ssh is not enabled on them and I'm seeing thousand of ssh connection attempt in the log for some device, device in question is Cisco 2651 router. when I check the device attribute it says ssh failed and telnet "didn't try" Anynone knows what could this be?

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the credentials for this device in DCR. You can also use a sniffer trace when performing a config collection to see exactly what RME is trying for the device. The multiple connection failures is a bug which will be fixed in the next version of RME. It will not affect the ability to collect the config, though.

Sniffer has shown thousdands of ssh connection attempts in 1 sec from this device. check device attribute in DCR shown telnet OK and ssh "failed to connect" which is good. But again whenever I run config archive it kills the performance. I have identical 2651 router which collects config without any issue. I'm runing RME 4.0.6, is there any work around unti the patch is out. Do you know the bug ID?

I have written a patch for this bug (CSCso57052). You can get it by opening a TAC service request.

Will do, thanks Joe.

Joe

I got this patch and installed it this weekend but look like this has caused more problems. When my config arcive job ran it filled the daemons.log and my var/adm/CSCOpx/log folder was upto 92% until I killed the job and rotate the daemons.log file. What could be wrong with this?

That is another bug, CSCsq76462. I have produced RME 4.0.6 and 4.1.1 care packages for TAC to give to customers which fix a slew of hot RME bugs. Both of the bugs you've hit are covered in that package. You can ask the TAC engineer to provide this to you.

Hi Joe

I opened the case but TAC engineer said there is no fix for this patch and he sent me information for logrot to rotate the file. I ran the job again this morning and it filled the file system to 94%. I haven't had this issue until i installed the patch for CSCso57052. Can I provide you SR number (608934681) to follow up with the Engineer?

Have your engineer contact me directly for the patch.

I updated the care package and now all my scheduled job run one hour ahead, can you tell me what could be wrong? job included config archive, syslog standard report etc.

Nothing in that package affects time or timezones. That is based on the underlying Java. Make sure you've applied all the recent JVM patches for the updated timezones.

What about the remaining issues, looks like the patch has fixed nothing. I have requed the case to RTP may be you can get with the engineer and help out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: