cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 apache server will not start

gcossins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I needed to reboot the windows server and now apache server will not start. If I try and start it manually it immediately stops. Event log says apache.exe caused an exception access violation. Cannot get output from Pdshow because it tells me the daemon manager startup in progress. Items in services all show started except Ciscoworks Web Server. Any help appreciated thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Common Services? This sounds like a known bug.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Common Services? This sounds like a known bug.

I think its 3.05 but cannot be sure as i cannot get in to check

There is a known bug in this version where you will not be able to start Apache if you have other libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll files in your Path BEFORE the LMS components. Make sure the CiscoWorks components appear in your Path environment variable BEFORE all other components. Also, make sure these DLLs do not exist in C:\WINDOWS\system32. The solution is to upgrade to CS 3.0.6.

Brilliant - made sure that all ciscoworks were first in the path & its now running - THANK YOU

p.s. I cannot find the upgrade to CS 3.0.6 is it available for download?

It's available for download from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cd-one-3des .

placing "all" ciscoworks first in path works! 5 star for you...

thanx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: