cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.2.3 dropped digits when outbound dialing

m-martynowski
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site that recently was converted from CM 3.x to 4.2.3. When we upgraded we also started making them dial a "9" for an outside line to make them standard with the rest of our offices. For some reason the users are calling 911 3-4 times a day. They are claiming they are dialing 91815-xxx-xxxx and the phone is dropping the "8", ignoring the rest of the digits and dialing 911. Has anyone ever had a symptom like this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kumar3880
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i would just suggest you to have more specific route pattern configured for 911 and for others like 9.!

Else it would be advisable to change the access code to 0 for other calls.

regards

kumar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MGCP? H323?

you would need to look at a CUCM trace to confirm they're not dialing 911 by error

only thing i can think of it that the phones are at a remote location and you have network issues that could cause the SCCP message from the key press to not reach CUCM

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

kumar3880
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i would just suggest you to have more specific route pattern configured for 911 and for others like 9.!

Else it would be advisable to change the access code to 0 for other calls.

regards

kumar

Thanks for the advice. After some research i discovered that one of the route patterns was dialing 911 even if they typed additional digits. People were accidentally typing 9118XX instead of 918XXX and the system would dial 911 and disregard the remaining digits. I fixed the route pattern. Thanks for the input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: