cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify getservicesmenu.jsp

yshraybman
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know how to modify getservicesmenu.jsp in CM 6.1? Pretty easy to do in Windows version but don't know how to access this file in linux.

I'm trying to remove this message when Services button is pressed "To set up speed dials and other services for your phone, please go to ...."

Other workarounds welcome.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately access to the tomcat files is restricted and you need root access to do so, root access is only granted by TAC in order to troubleshoot or apply a workaround if you're hitting a bug that requires it

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

The other workaround is developing your own XML service & replace the default value of "Services" button through "IP Phone Service Enterprise Service Parameters".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/apps.html#wp1043589

But, I have seen all "Cisco IP Phone Appl Development notes" which should clearly give procedure to customize XML applications for Linux but all are refering to same OLD information like the procedure for Windows (prior to 5.0) is given for even 5.0(2) version (Linux based).

Finally, I strongly believe you can customize your scripts in Linux also by some means. Request experts of XML developers for IP Phone services on this.

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Hi Ashok,

Your correct.. best option is to replace the services page.

You would point the services URL to another web server.

This page could have some default services assigned, and even have an option to point back to the original dynamic services URL on the callmanager.

It's quite easy though. If you have a spare webserver lying around.

Linux / Windows doesnt really matter in this case because it is the phone actually browsing via HTTP / XML to a separate web server.

You should download the CallManager IP Phone service SDK.. it has example ASP pages.

Cheers,

Tim.

Everyone, thanks for the directions. I'll look into IP Phone service SDK.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: