Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Filer logs

I have created a contect filter to block out Adult rated phrases. I have created a dictionary that contains about 400 phrases that we hace compiled over the years. I created a inbound content filter to to BCC messages that match the "Adult Content" dictionary. However, when I review the items that are being BCC'd I am seeing messages that should have not triggered the content filter.

Is there a way to see in the logs what word or words was causing the content filter to fire?
I have lookd some but culdn't find anything.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

A Testing method is to add an action of Quarantine to the Policy area, and then duplicate the message. That way you can see what words have triggered the content filter and the mail will also be delivered.
Just make sure that you delete messages from the quarantine area and not deliver otherwise the receipient will receive 2 copies :D

P.S. Make sure that your dictionary has got the "Match Whole Words" ticked otherwise you could be getting variants of the words

lrosenstein
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to see in the logs what word or words was causing the content filter to fire?
I have lookd some but culdn't find anything.

Thanks

Recent versions of AsyncOS (as of 5.5?) have a $MatchedContent variable. With a bcc you're limited to using this in the Subject, but if you used notify with a copy of the original message attached, it could go in the notification template.

Thanks Irosenstein, This did the trick. I found what was triggering the policy and corrected the dictionary and everything is working fine now.

Ironport Nation Rocks!

Thanks everyone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: