cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant record personal message or leave voicemail CUE 3.1

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, im running CME 4.2 and CUE 3.1 ive configured both the CME to point to CUE using the appropriate dial-peers, specified SIP as the protocol and G711ulaw as the codec, i can access the mailbox and login but cant record a personal message using the wizard or leave a message in the mailbox, all i get is silence, config below:

dial-peer voice 9000 voip

description ** cue voicemail pilot number **

destination-pattern 9000

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.10.10.1

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 9001 voip

description ** cue auto attendant number **

destination-pattern 9001

b2bua

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.10.10.1

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Strange thing is i can record a greeting using Voiceview Express but still i am unable to leave an audible message in the mailbox.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards

6 Replies 6

rschwendeman
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get this resolved, I am having the same issue.

Hi,

now that is _really_ strange. Do this happens even after reload and are you using latest SW for both cue and cme ? Not to say it is know to happen with older versions ...

Havent been able to get it resolved, think im going to downgrade to 2.3.4 i cant see where there could be an issue, ive taken the config back to square one and re-installed Unity Express using the Boot Helper image

Hardware is an NME module btw. I was running CME 4.3 then the above happened so i downgraded to 4.2 and still experiencing the same issue.

I have tried a reload, reset, shutdown and clean install.

Regards

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

To give you guys an update i have raised the issue with Cisco TAC who are equally puzzled, i have faith that we will get to the bottom of it though.

Will report back when i have further news.

Regards

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you once again Cisco TAC, the issue was narrowed down to the sip-ua configuration and more particularly NAT.

As my router sits behind an ASA on private IP address i had configured the ISR for nat transversal following the SIP: Connection-Oriented Media Enhancements for SIP on Cisco.com using the following commands

nat symmetric check-media-src

nat symmetric role active

The issue was identified as being the command "nat symmetric check-media-src" which checks the incoming packet for media source address. This capability allows the gateway to check the source address and update the media session with the new remote media address and port.

Once removed everything returned to normal.

Regards

Honest with you, had you mentioned you have NAT between CME and CUE, identifying the issue would have been immediate.

Remember, when exposing networking problems, always present the full scenario end-to-end, including things that appear not important to you. It will be the person listening that will tell you what is not applicable or not important.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: