cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP traffic through firewall

gilbertojardim
Level 1
Level 1

I Have a PABX Siemens in my inside network, and I need access this PABX with the SIP Protocol, but it does not work. I'm redirect all ip traffic from the ip xxx.xxx.xxx.149 to PABX IP, and setup all ACL's to permit.

My firewall is a CISCO asa 5510, ASA version 8.0(3).

anybody can help me?

14 Replies 14

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you enabling SIP inspection?

Have a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008081042c.shtml#configs1

Regards

Farrukh

Yes... the "Sip Inspection" is already enabled.

Which Siemens model/series is this exactly?

Regards

Farrukh

Siemens HiPath 3000...

Have you tried to permit all IP traffic from one IP phones IP address to the back (and vice versa)? To see what ports are utilized.

Regards

Farrukh

yes... all traffic from the ip phone to PABX and vice versa already allowed...

So it should work then? You permitted all IP traffic, howcome it won't work!

Have you tried toggling the sip inspection on/off?

Regards

Farrukh

Yes... a already tried toggling the sip inspection on/off, but don't work. The IP phone success register on SIP server, but on the calling is muted on two points...

Dear can u increase the timeout of sip and sip media.

Regards,

how to make this?

You'll find here a very good document for configuring Voice over ASA

http://cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008081042c.shtml

Probably what happens is that even if you have SIP inspection, the NAT will not translate IP in the embedded data in the SIP packets.

You probably need to enable STUN service on the SIP PBX. STUN is used to detect NAT and will ensure correct IP information is sent in the SIP payload.

Please rate if this helped.

Regard,

Daniel

I'm solved this problem changing the version of ASA software, from 8.0(2) to 7.2.4. After changed this software version, the SIP communication has be worked successful.

Ok great, Thanks for the update.

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: