CCNP Requirement

Unanswered Question
Jun 23rd, 2008
User Badges:

My CCNA expired in 2005.

But i passed CCNP 642-892 Composite Exam two months before as I was allowed to register on line.

I preferr pass remaining two papers as i just finished my trainig on CCNP.

Then, i want to sit CCNA.

If i do in this order,Should i need to do the four CCNP papers all over again after doing the CCNA?

thanx.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
n.nandrekar Tue, 06/24/2008 - 01:05
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

hi!

After passing any of the 642-xxx series of the papers, your CCNA is recertified for 3 more years. So assuming that you gave the composite paper 2 months ago, your CCNA would have been recertified for 3 more years and you wouldnot have to write it again.

If it had already expired in 2005, you wouldnot have been allowed to write the composite paper. Probably it was still valid (in case you gave any other paper after passing CCNA- it got recertified).

You can check through the cisco certification tracking tool about your progress and current validity of your papers :

https://i7lp.integral7.com/durango/do/login?ownername=cisco&channel=cisco&basechannel=integral7

Regards,

Niranjan

krsnavan_70 Tue, 06/24/2008 - 01:53
User Badges:

Hi Niranjan !

i went thro' the tracking system,n found that it says CCNA expired in 2005.But, how come they allow me to register for COmposite Exam.

But i enquire this to some CISCO professionals, they say i have to pass CCNA even if i passed all four CCNP papers as i don't have a valid CCNA.

i m bit confused.

thnx.

Vanna

Kevin Dorrell Tue, 06/24/2008 - 02:02
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

When exactly did you pass the composite? Was it before your CCNA expired? If that was the case, then the CCNA should have been extended by three years, i.e. to some date in 2008.

That being the case, has it expired again yet? If not, you can extend it for a further three years (i.e. until 2011) by passing any one of your CCNP exams.

If you don't do that, you will have to take the CCNA exam again. But AFAIK, you do not necessarily have to take it before the CCNP exams. That is, you are allowed to take the CCNP exams first, and then round them up with the CCNA. Not very logical, but possible.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

krsnavan_70 Tue, 06/24/2008 - 02:33
User Badges:

Hi!

My CCNA expired 09 october 2005.

I passed COmposite CCNP 642-892 in 24th March 2008.As cisco allowed me to register for the exam, What U say is correct i feel.But,untill i pass CCNA, i not be awarded CCNP.Is it corect?

Thanx.

Kevin Dorrell Tue, 06/24/2008 - 03:27
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

That is correct.

Sorry, I got confused by your original posting. I thought you meant you passed the composite two weeks before the CCNA expired, i.e. September 2005.

In fact, you will have to sit the CCNA exam again. But it does not matter whether you do that before or after the CCNP exams.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Actions

This Discussion