cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After upgrade Unity to 5.01 SA Web unable to create subscriber

dennis.kwok
Level 1
Level 1

The message store is off-box. After upgrade from Unity 4.04SR1 to 5.01, we are unable to create subscribers in SA Web. The radio button is grayed out.

Event log shows AvDCGC service can not connect to DC

The test result by the DCGC reconnect tools are good, Ping netbios name or full name are OK between unity and AD

And before the upgrade, unity 4.04sr1 is working fine

Can anyone help ?

18 Replies 18

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Dennis,

After the upgrade, did you run the Permissions Wizard and the Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard? If services can not come up, it may be because your Unity System's AD and Exchange account are inaccessible.

-Shikamaru

Shikamaru, I did Permissions Wizard and the Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard.

All services (Av....) are UP.

MWI, message left and retrieved are also OK, but delay.

Thanks

Dennis

So, did the Permissions Wizard and Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard fix the issue or was it something else?

-Shikamaru

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like you need to use the grantunityaccess command. It did not set for some reason. Or your COS is not working properly.

Running the permissions wizards. I believe there is a new on at ciscounitytools.com.

Yeah, whenever you see grayed field like that, verify the setting on your COS.

-Shikamaru

Dear All,

Actually, I ran the permisssion wizard which downloaded from ciscounitytools for unity upgrade.

When I put the mouse's pointer on the Add or delete button (they are grayed out) it shows the message " The Domain Controller for xx.com cannot be contacted. Add is temporarily not allowed "

The DC tested by DCGC tools are OK

Adding subscriber is OK before the upgrade, it implies the COS is also OK before the upgrade.

Rgds

Dennis

Go through your DNS and make sure all server names are resolving correctly. DNS could be your culprit here.

Hi Tcatlinins,

I can not directly access DNS servers

But I have tested OK by ping to / from unity to DC by netbios name or full name.

Rgds

Dennis

was there a schema update run correctly for the install? Possibly the schema did not update correctly in the domain?

Hi Tcatlinins,

I am sure that the schema update prompted me 100% successful

Rdgs

Dennis

I would check the event log on the unity server then for Windows. See if you have any errors and let us know.

thanks!

Event reported by CiscoUnity_DSAD ( event ID 1017) , it says it can not communicate DC ......

Rgds

Dennis

Dear All,

Thanks your advices.

With the help from TAC, it was fixed by manually removed one of DC by the DCGC tools.

But it is strange that the setting in DCGC tools is same for Unity 4 and 5. (it was kept same during the upgrade)

Rgds

Dennis

Hi Dennis i have got exactly the same problem can you advise what tac did

Cheers

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: