Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 802.11N adapter???

Is there such thing as a Cisco .11n wifi adapter?

Is there a USB Cisco wifi adpater?

Is there a PCI Express Cisco wifi adapter?

If the AP is 11n, are the b/g wifi cards still gonna work? Are the 11n AP's backward compatible with the b/g wifi adapters?

Thanks for any ideas.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is what I know. Hope it helps.

No. Cisco is working along side Intel to standardize on the draft 2.0. Cisco is out of the wifi card business.

No.

i think they use to make one, unless it is not the PCIe.

If the AP is 11n, are the b/g wifi cards still gonna work? Are the 11n AP's backward compatible with the b/g wifi adapters?

Yes they are backwards compatible with a/b/g. Just make sure your drivers are up to date.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is what I know. Hope it helps.

No. Cisco is working along side Intel to standardize on the draft 2.0. Cisco is out of the wifi card business.

No.

i think they use to make one, unless it is not the PCIe.

Yes they are backwards compatible with a/b/g. Just make sure your drivers are up to date.

-Scott

thanks, fella5!!

For Info, I was looking for the same and got the same answers from Cisco.

I bought 2 a/b/g/n (Draft 2.0) Client cards from Airmagnet in the end, so That I can survey using Using that standard.

www.airmagnet.com

Not a standard yet.... hopefully it doesn't change too much:)

-Scott

unfortunately, our new laptops don't come with the pcimcia slots. i think they're called pci express now, where the interface part of the card is chopped in half. so, i'm left with usb, internal and the pci express for wifi slots. there are other compatible cards in the airmagnet website either usb or pci express that i will have to check if they will go with our new laptops.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card