cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager and Gateways

cowetacoit
Level 1
Level 1

I have some 2800 routers configured to run with call manager. Everything runs fine but i need to change the IP's on the gateways. Will this have any affect on call manager?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to change addresses on the CM too.

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Can you give us a little more information.

IP's of CM's

The config on the gw, are you sourcing the gw traffic from a loopback interface or from the Fa interface? Which IP is the GW registered with CM? Is your GW a H323/MGCP/SIP?

Call manager and Unity are on a server vlan. The Gateways are on the vlan relevant to the departments. I need to change their IP's. I want to change the IP of the FA int on the router, change this command

call-manager-fallback

max-conferences 6 gain -6

ip source-address 10.0.101.1 port 2000

max-ephones 35

max-dn 100

keepalive 10

!

....to the new IP.

I am using MGCP. I'm more of a routing/switching guy and not much experience with call manager. we contracted the install.

I will let an experts on MGCP comment on this, but if you are changing the address the gateway is registered with the CM and sourcing it's voice traffic, this will break communication between CM and GW. There might be other changes, but you need to change the IP address on the CM > GW setup.

where do i change the IP? I think the whole reason i posted here is because i only saw where to specify by host name of the gateway. I can't find where to change the IP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: