How can Cisco let this happen?

Unanswered Question
Jun 24th, 2008

I got my CCNA in 1999 and have just recert on the 802. I have been in the field for ~12 years. The test was really hard compared to what I took in 1999. I will make a point very soon.

I took the test twice. After I took the test I found out about a certain "tool" that had EVERY test question (and the Labs) from both tests I took. VERBATIM.

It esentially was the entire test format and all.

I am not going to list it in fear of driving people to the site, but it now devalues every certification I have come across. Someone was on the forums and bragged that they were CCSP w/ no experience and interveiwing for a job to make $100K.

Thank God for probation periods!

I just don't see how Cisco has not shut this company down.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 3.1 (25 ratings)
jrensink78 Tue, 06/24/2008 - 05:18

This is nothing new. This issue has been around for quite a while in fact.

Cisco is taking some steps, but it's pretty hard to get rid of this stuff once it's out there. Especially when it gets hosted out of certain countries.

asgerbert Tue, 06/24/2008 - 05:30

I have always been aware of the old school TK but this was amazing. It was the test.

Someone has to do something because there are many who are actually certified and up to the task to configure and run a network.

I just can't get over this.

Collin Clark Tue, 06/24/2008 - 05:46

Yes it sucks and it decreases the value of the certification, but it is just a certification. When that person gets a job and is tasked to do something and they have no idea how, it bites them in the rear. Any decent hiring manager will ask a couple of key question to weed out the wannbe's from the real engineers. Experience has always help more weight than a cert and probably always will (or should).

montanabluetwo Tue, 06/24/2008 - 07:53

Cisco appears to be addressing some of these concerns. Earlier this year they came out with a press release saying they would increase monitoring of test takers, including mouse-clicks, time taken for each question, overall test score, speed of progress towards ccnp, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they're starting to throw "honeypot" questions into the test that can only be answered correctly if someone cheats. So these cheaters may find themselves denied a CCIE or renewal somewhere down the line, hopefully!

asgerbert Tue, 06/24/2008 - 07:59

This is good news to hear! Thanks for all the input.

I just couldn't believe a CCNP that has no OJT experience.

Kevin Dorrell Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:29

I agree that these sites should be closed down, and I am horrified by the devaluation of certifications.

However, I am uncomfortable with the policy of going after their customers rather than after the site itself. I know why Cisco takes that line: the customers are softer targets. Taking down the site itself is more difficult.

There may be people who have gone to these site innocently (or perhaps naïvely) believing they were accessing bona fide training material. How do you deal with that situation? Are they just collateral damage?

If Cisco are going to go after the customers of these sites, they need to implement some tool that would allow someone to assess whether a site is bona fide. I suspect the sites do not actually state "These are illegally obtained test questions". So how do you tell the difference?

Maybe Cisco should issue an authorisation stamp for bona fide training sites. I don't mean they should charge thousands of $$ to the site for a validation, because that would be beyond the means of individual bona fide bloggers, for example. The validation tool should be effective, and free to bona fide sites. Such a scheme should be a means of protecting the certification, not as a revenue stream.


Kevin Dorrell


asgerbert Wed, 06/25/2008 - 04:20

That is a very good point!

Another thing is Cisco is going after customers when people dont even pay for that anymore.

Most eveything is p2p sharing and Cisco can't track that.

I wonder if we could get a "Cisco" Opinion on this.

What do we have to do to take this to another level? It really pisses me off that this is happening.

jim_berlow Tue, 06/24/2008 - 08:10

I recently heard that Cisco has successfully retrieved a customer list from that site you are referring to and has already began to decertify and ban folks. It will be interesting to see what litigation comes out of this when people start to lose their jobs because they don't have XYZ certification any longer...

I'm thinking this might free up a lot of jobs soon.

ccannon88567 Tue, 06/24/2008 - 10:03

I agree, it sucks when you spend a long time putting enormous effort in studying and people are able to pass just by memorizeing the answers!

But Colin is right - If I employed somebody for $100K/£50K and they couldn't explain sh1t their a$$ would be out the door soon as!!

I think Cisco need to bring some valuable test prep Q's out though. Some decent software to give you an idea how ready you are because there will be a lot of genuine studyers that come across these sites just looking for something to prepare them for an exam - in other words many people would not even be aware of the dodgy from the ones to check your understanding.

Cisco isn't doing enough in terms of test prep in my opinion. The ones on the cd's included with the books are lame and a good percentage are incorrect too!

rahmanya17 Tue, 06/24/2008 - 16:56

I totally agree with you mate! This is the reason why I really wasn't too keen on tacking the certification because there are quite alot of folks out there who just go 4 the these tools! I took that exam 3 times passed on the 3rd attempt! even with my years of experience and MSc in Networking and Data communications! it was still heard!

In the end the real network engineer who had prepare diligently for his certs will always rise and shine above all them crammer's

jlhainy Fri, 06/27/2008 - 08:53

I personally find that cert + experience = job. If you have two candadates both had a cert but one had experience and the other did not, who would you go for?

orikiirizainnocent Mon, 09/30/2013 - 20:23

The new academy site, MySpace is pretty resourceful for learners. And I think for people you trust in themselves and taking certification for training purposes, they wouldn't wish to get to such tools - which even need fee subscription? Maybe because it's cheaper than a retaking the test?
I wouldn't try it, but certainly when you double fail the tests, there is always a feeling to do whatever it takes and pass.
Sometimes we just feel proud of being cisco literate than holding the cert.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

sirdudesly Fri, 06/27/2008 - 22:58

then on the first day on the job when they can't do anything properally they get shown the door :P

shikamarunara Mon, 06/30/2008 - 09:09

People who moan about this issue are usually the ones with the least exposure to real work environments. It's such a nonsense issue, as if being certified is a gaurentee or assurance of anything. Being certified, even at the CCIE level, is still a very small thing in the overall scheme. Experience is everything, certifications are "ok". The CCIE, which I am currently studying for, is a terrific testing program because it forces you to work with technologies and understand them quite well, technologies that you normally would not have been exposed to otherwise. But, in the end, it's a test and proves that the candidate has a good understanding of the technology and can learn enough to pass a challenging exam. It doesn't mean that they are necessarily ready or able to do anything in real work environments where Unity stops working suddenly because of a hardware crash or correctly configured extensions are ringing busy because the database is messed up. People who are able to handle those problems do well.

Don't obsess over "cheaters". Certifications are tools for training. So go train.


Wilson Samuel Tue, 07/01/2008 - 06:21

I have been a great fan of Certifications, I love to challenge myself and it does really help advancing in the career and does help me to take most logical decision in the job related tasks.

If any site (whether its a website) or any testing center which is allowing unethical practices then its highly condemned also it ruins the fun!

I have heard instances when people have breaked into the database of the testing center (by testing site admin or other people) and have stolen the exam content and have sold it for a profit!!!

The best way to stop is to get a highly secure testing center just like what we have for GMAT/GRE exams.

I come from India, and I have seen many a VUE testing centers who were engaged in a such practices (there should be a red flag) and our organization had a policy that all the certification exams MUST have had taken at Prometric's OWN testing facility (where its GMAT/GRE level security), but thanks to Cisco, they have departed from Prometric for good! And VUE doesn't conduct Cisco exams in a highly secure center!

Cisco, please listen!!

chull6509 Tue, 07/01/2008 - 10:50

I agree with the above. When I went to take my first VUE test, I was let into the room, no real instructions on what to take or not take into the room. No one ever came into the room to check on me, or even looked through the window in the door. After I got out it was quite a while until someone showed up at the front desk to give me my paperwork. I could have copied the questions, photoed the screen, or used cheat notes. Not secure, very unprofessional.

suelange Wed, 07/02/2008 - 11:30

Well I can't say that was my experience. I've taken all my tests from VUE centers. They just about made me leave my underware at the door! They had cameras in the room. I covered my mouth with my hand because I had to sneeze...the proctor came rushing in because she thought I had answers written on my palms and wanted to see...

The answer is not to subject the testing centers to extreme security measures because those who can't afford it will just close and soon testing centers will be farther and farther away. Then when you fail it's not just your test fee but your travel expenses that are lost as well.

The answer is for firms who hire to take responsiblity for proper evaluation. Set up the simulator and make your candidates all do the same task right there in front of you. That's the best answer.

Wilson Samuel Wed, 07/02/2008 - 12:36

Hi Sue,

I have taken exams @ VUE in India, Ireland and US. In all of them Indian experience was the worst ones.

No security, no questions, nothing.. infact many of the people in the market have scored their exams (including CCIE Qual) in such phoney centers and thats where my concern is!

My Irish experience was superb as the Testing Center (I guess its closed now) used to conduct GMAT/GRE also in the same test center, hence state of the art.

In the US where I have been taking the VUE exam its ok (but not at par with those that of Prometric), hence I was suggesting that Cisco MUST conduct all her exams ONLY at the same center where GRE/GMAT exams are conducted or other high profile exams like USMLE etc.


Wilson Samuel

cyberpimp28 Wed, 07/02/2008 - 15:55

The integrity of the exams are at stake if this continues. Something ought to be done about it as unqualified individuals are out there, after using cheat tools they get paid so much money.

I paid for a training course just after leaving university and I was expected to write my exam in 2 weeks of taking the class room lectures (training provider's agreement). I did Electrical Engineering (with networking as a module)at university and know for a fact that each module takes nothing less than 12-14 weeks /semester to complete with 6-8 semesters yet my provider expected me to write the exam (CCNA) in 2 weeks! knowing fully well I'd just left university with no prior experience.

A year and half later after finishing the class room lectures and even with self-study and use of real routers I failed about 4-5 times before making it. My point is there are training providers that give candidates false info about their prospects of getting a job after taking the boot camp courses meant for people with some exposure to the technology this can also lead to individuals cheating their way to certification.

I agree there should be affordable revision engines /materials which gives a good impression of what the exams feel like this will encourage people to try out the sample tests.

To those that argued that given a situation of an experienced and inexperienced candidate, the experienced candidate will get the job. I agree nothing beats experience but this doesn't necessarily mean the inexperienced candidate with similar quals cheated. I'm newly qualified and still feel like I know nothing because I've had little exposure to live networks but with time I expect to have acquired enough experience. In the meantime I'm prepping for my CCNP hopefully I will have 1 out of 4 before the end of they year.

rahmanya17 Wed, 07/02/2008 - 21:44

Hey! Cyberpimp!

Your post was really hot! like something is burning you deep inside! It was with such venom! well let me tell you! something! I passed my CCNA last month, after on the 3rd attempt! I started active preparation for the exam in march (i graduated from the University in January MSc Networking and Data communication) b4 graduating I took the 1st 2 Academy exam (then CCNA 1,2,3 and4)while at the Uni ('cos my University was affiliated to Cisco center of excellence) and the academy modules was integrated into our MSc Networking and Data Communication Course! How ever one of our senior lecture told us then to concentrate more on our degree program as he explained that we can always prepare 4 cisco later because it was causing us distraction! the Cisco retire the CCNA in November and inroduced 640-802 and the two exam path! so I went for the 640-802 studied rigorously using three different study guides (Cisco press, Sybex- todd lammle, and The Bryant advantage) 12 weeks, of study and I still didn't pass it the 1st time I had to take it again, and again b4 passing it! But i was proud that I did it my own way! not the way of the Boot campers or some of these IT training schools! b'cos most of them have turn this into money making venture by telling you they will guaranty you a job after completion of your cert track and then they will try to hustle you into taking the exam as quick as possible by given you a false impression that you are good to go! I just will never go to any of them!

Mean while which of the CCNP exam are you starting with? let me know what study guide you will be using! To be honest I am at 6s and 7s as to where to begin? and the introduction of the New CCNA concentration has not help matters at all for me as my ultimate path was towards CCVP but then Im thinkng of CCNA-Voice now! so Im alice in wonderland 4 now! I really am confused!


suelange Thu, 07/03/2008 - 05:45

Okay, I admire your persistence.

But there are several things folks keep overlooking. First, Being able to pass the cert by legitmate means still doesn't necessarily mean you know what you are doing. Some people are just good test takers. Likewise, some are not, even though they could run circles around most engineers "in the trenches".

The cert is fine, and generally a good thing but, it's not the end all and be all. And to be honest? I took the ICND portion of CCNP twice. It's not like I remembered the exact questions but when I went back the second time I had a better idea of what to expect.

After a number of repeated exposures to the questions, ANYONE would eventually pass. So the real "issue" is how a person gets their exposure, no? You paid what... $125 per test for 4 or 5 tests, so maybe about $625 for your 'exposure' while these 'cheaters' paid what...$79 or $99 or something?

C'mon. Cisco doesn't give a rip about the validity of the cert they care about the fact that someone other than them is making the money for the 'exposure'.

mlaforest Thu, 07/03/2008 - 06:59

suelange -

I disagree. Any company who awards certifications with their company name, logo, and support behind them cares about the qualifications of the person who they certify, not the money they made by the process (although that may also be a reason lower on the scale).

If there are many people who are not very knowledgeable of the area and Cisco awards them a certification when they may not actually be able to perform the task implied by it, then it reflects very poorly on Cisco as a company. Any cash flow generated from these certifications is likely negligible compared to the gain from certifying candidates who know the material. Why jeopardize their good name by not caring who they certify, as you suggested?

cyberpimp28 Thu, 07/03/2008 - 07:42

I agree with mlaforest. Cisco didn't create the certification because they want to make money from those that pass. No they make the cash when those people are able to administer their neworks skillfully which in turn means these people make decisions to buy Cisco products. Besides if they don't make damn good boxes no one will buy them in the first place.

The quality of material taught on the certifications is quite impressive and I commend them for that unlike some other certs which you can get by just clicking on buttons and looking for where previously known locations of items are in new versions of an OS. Cisco gives you the raw Engineering skills behind networking but also presented in a simple manner. While at university I found it difficult to fully appreciate the workings of STP till I did my CCNA.

This discussion isn't about Cisco but about those that are willing to tarnish the reputation of the certs. Cisco however, should be looking into ways of curbing this practice but not by taking finger prints of innocent test takers becuase that in self can discourage people from taking the exams and I don't think will help curb the problem.Simply, why not stop testing centres with inadequate security from conducting the tests as well as Cisco should look within. How else can the exams be leaked.

Do you smell a rat?

rahmanya17 Thu, 07/03/2008 - 09:06

Hi Suelange,

Thanks for your post! Personally I believe if you learned the hard way then it would be difficult for you to forget very quickly what you learned along the way and you will one day find our self in a position to apply those knowledge! I don't some one in his/her real sense will set out to purposely go and fail the exam because of getting exposure! Don't worry the cheaters will always pay!!!

I know what I have gained now for taking the test exam and passing it at the 3rd attempt.

Cisco knows that all these things are happening and I believe they will come up with a solution to give the certification it's industrial respect with it rightly deserves.

Kevin Dorrell Thu, 07/03/2008 - 23:51


That is an interesting and provocative posting. It is a charge that has been laid at the door of Cisco several times in the past. It may or may not be true; the jury is still out on that.

What amazes me is that Cisco do not step in to deny the charge. If they are serious about protecting the integrity of the certification programs, then surely they should be more transparent and open about what they are actually doing about it. Instead, they let the rumours fester.

The rumours probably do more damage to the image of the certifications than the cheats do. So what about it Cisco? Your loyal partners are asking for some reassurances.

Kevin Dorrell


bizzleforfizzle Fri, 07/04/2008 - 00:16

I am tired as hell of seeing people cheat on Cisco exams, but one thing I know for sure is that passing the exam doesnt mean you know anything. If u cant replicate the certificate into practice, then it isnt worth the paper it is written on. I feel employers should "grill and interview" any prospective employee with a Cisco certification before hiring.

Can you imagine coming across a CCNA who has no idea what "ping" means? Tis embarassing.

The sooner Cisco does something drastic the better for us all because right now the integrity of the Cisco certification is quickly eroding.

suelange Mon, 07/07/2008 - 07:40

All I'm saying is, at some point the punishment has to be applied to the offenders rather than to the legimate students/test takers. To do that means Cisco needs to incur the cost of find them out, without undue harassment of innocent people, and certainly without the risk associated with storing unncessary personal information. If you have my signature and picture on file, how does that stop me from creating or using a brain dump?

I don't know what you mean by 'drastic action' but I think the measures they are taking now, (i.e. keeping too much personal information on file) is already way out of line.

Maybe if Cisco would update their test questions routinely, the braindump sites would be unable to keep up. But of course that would imply more costs to Cisco.

Maybe if Cisco issued a unique question to every test taker and retired that question permanently, they could then download the brain dumps and when they find that question, decertify that candidate along with any person who is a customer of that braindump product. But that would be costly too.

Now lets see...are they in this for the money or not? The assumption in earlier conversations is that Cisco recoups the cost of the testing process by selling more equipment when legitmately certified people run the shops. Okay then, incur the costs of finding the guilty party instead of subjecting innocent people to ineffective and risky tactics.

But let's get real...this is HUGE money making business. And as to how concerned Cisco really is about protectiong the validity of the cert, how does anyone reading this forum think that the boot camps out there, many of which are authorized by Cisco, manage to guarantee students will pass? I've talked to people who've attended those courses. They feed those candidates the questions and/or some that are so similar the student can't help but pass.

Do you think that all those students can apply their newly acquired Certification as well as the guy who has worked in the business for years or studied for months?

It's the same principle. A valid cert is issued to someone who can't do the work, but this time under the guise of an 'authorized' course running upwards of $5000.

Cisco will NEVER be able to guarantee completely that a person bearing their cert can do the work. Never.

So stop the madness. Put out a reasonable test and let the chips fall where they may. Those who have cheated will be found out and the rest of us can live in peace with a process that doesn't require us to give up our first born in order to particpate.

And any business out there who says, 'I hired a certified whatever and I'll never do it again because they couldn't really do the job" is not a firm I want to work with.

I've hired plumbers who were guild certified but occassionally I get one who is clueless. Does that mean I'm going to stop hiring certified union plumbers to fix issues around my house? Good Grief no....

mlaforest Mon, 07/07/2008 - 08:08

> But let's get real...this is HUGE money

> making business. And as to how concerned

> Cisco really is about protectiong the

> validity of the cert, how does anyone

> reading this forum think that the boot

> camps out there, many of which are

> authorized by Cisco, manage to guarantee

> students will pass? I've talked to

> people who've attended those courses.

> They feed those candidates the questions

> and/or some that are so similar the

> student can't help but pass.

I don't quite understand your position here. Of course the classes give them similar questions, that's what any class for any subject taught by anyone will do. Every single college course I ever took had lecture material where a scenario was given with similar information as was present on the exam. The idea of an exam is to test that you learned the knowledge that you learned through this material. This is not to say the questions should be idential or even all that similar. A well designed course for an subject should cover the material in such a way as to when you see something similar on the exam, and given you studied and understood the content well enough, should be able to say to yourself "oh yeah, I've seen this before, and this is what you need to do to".

So I don't understand why you have a problem with a course that prepares its students by presenting them with similar questions.

> Cisco will NEVER be able to guarantee

> completely that a person bearing their

> cert can do the work. Never.

So then what was your problem with the courses again...?

> And any business out there who says,

> 'I hired a certified whatever and

> I'll never do it again because they

> couldn't really do the job" is not

> a firm I want to work with.

I do not believe certifications are meant to do that. I would expect anyone hiring me (I just got my CCNA) would either a) ask me a series of quesetions that would confirm I know about the topic, b) present me with a small simulation that I should configure, or c) look at my past experience in the field.

Merely seeing that someone has a certification and hiring them on the spot because of it is down right stupid and should never happen anyway, no matter what company issued it. Lots of people graduate from college and have a hard time finding even an entry level job in their field, so why would it be different for Cisco?

I think you're looking at this in all the wrong ways. Being certified means you have demonstrated you have knowledge of the field, but it does not guarantee you know or can practice it. A certification is just a tool to help you. In the end you still need to be able to do it, so those who actually do cheat will not benefit from being certified. Because of that those of us who do understand the technology and who can put it into practice will not be hurt (significantly) by those who cheated.

shikamarunara Mon, 07/07/2008 - 08:44

I totally agree. The problem with most complainers who are preoccupied with "cheaters" and certification validity is that they're confusing the certification system with a college education. You're responsible for your own development. Just because I may think that people should provide proof of professional experience before earning a certification (which is silly to me) it has absolutely no relevance to the fact that the certification training programs are there to provide a curiculum for the aspiring professional. That's all it is. It just happens to be that Cisco takes their top-level certification (CCIE) very seriously and mandate that you pass a lab exam. I've paassed pretty much everything on the associate and professional level tracks, and to be honest there are too many points that the exams never touch on that are relevant to the real world. If complainers spent less time scrutinizing the tool by which people use to train and more time actually using them, I suspect that the quadruple CCIE would be more common.


suelange Mon, 07/07/2008 - 10:46

Exactly my point!

No, I don't think the cert can "prove" that you can do the job. Nor should it be used that way. I've been saying that on every disucssion on the topic.

But in the name of catching cheaters, Cisco has made the test screening process completely crazy. I have no problem with presenting ID, I have no problem with emptying my pockets, I have no problem with the room being monitored...but I'm drawing the line at them storing my signature and photo electronically. Cheaters will be caught by employers and the problem will resolve itself. My private information on file with Cisco will not help that process along and, incorrectly used, could be problematic for me.

Try to remember, this topic was started by someone who was outraged because the questions for the test were found online. He thought that devalued his cert and wanted Cisco to do something about it.

What I've tried to counter with, and tried to give examples that back that up, is: No one promises a cert, a degree, or whatever is good for anything. If you did the work to earn the cert then you are in good standing and it will help you. That some people cheat doesn't devalue your work. Quit demanding that Cisco make things harder and harder for the honest person; it doesn't solve anything.

Kevin Dorrell Tue, 07/08/2008 - 01:04

Added to which, it is a bit worrying if you have paid for your exam by credit card (which most people have). I wonder if there is a way to link back the electronically stored signiature to the credit card number used to pay for the exam. I wonder how many people working for VUE worldwide will have access to those databases? ..

Am I striking fear into the heart of anyone yet? What is the limit on your credit card?

Kevin Dorrell


Kevin Dorrell Tue, 07/08/2008 - 00:55

"Maybe if Cisco issued a unique question to every test taker and retired that question permanently, they could then download the brain dumps and when they find that question, decertify that candidate along with any person who is a customer of that braindump product. But that would be costly too."

I like it!

Kevin Dorrell


mattepps645 Fri, 08/15/2008 - 13:06


some good points here and you appear to have hit the real point "head on" - i.e. repeatedly taking exams (and paying loads of many for the privelege) will eventually mean an individual will have seen most if not all the question database and so should pass eventually. Even so I give credit to those who have persevered over several attempts !!

Personally, I feel one of the main issues is the fact that the question database never seems to get updated. I passed CCNP over 5 years ago and recertified 2 years ago. I swear that a lot of the questions I had were the same for the re-cert as when I took the individual exams before !! What is the point in that ?

Like most people have stated, experience is the key but I think a Certification adds credibility. I work for a Gold Partner as a Unified Comms Technical Consultant and design complex UC roll-outs/upgrades and don't have CCVP (yet, one exam to go next week!!). This has no impact on my day to day work, but ultimately this is a "pride thing" and even though the CCVP won't increase my pay or enable me to design bigger, better UC infrastructures I will just feel better having it.



I am not happy with the way cisco certification works. Forget all, make it 100% practical exams or allow only people who has related job experience to sit for exams. I don't want to see people get cheated in hope that certification will bring impact which it did not bring.

Make it practical and after that no one will be blamed for cheating.

Here is some irony... while studying I take a break and decide to read this thread. And I initially felt that I shouldnt reply but heck... I still have 5 more minutes (15 minute breaks during study). All I have gathered is that:

1) People hate the cheaters.

2) Make the cheaters pay and not the honest people.

3) Let all the tests become practical tests. (Would they have to go to a certified Cisco lab to take their CCNA?) Or do you expect to have Test Centers pay for multiple Cisco pods so persons can take the test?

4) Cisco respond to this ongoing issue.

5) Cert + Experience = Good

6) Cert + No experience = Cheater

etc etc etc

Out of all this, did anyone ever consider why are you concerned about all these "cheaters" using testprep (dump) sites? Does it really effect you personally? One answer can be "It devalues my cert and I worked so hard for it!" Like others have said... certs get you in the door but doing the job keeps you there.

why stress over these sites. Why not just study to advance your own life and not worry about how others short cut the system. The system is designed to be shortcutted! Do you expect everyone Cisco and all the Test Centers to pay for these extra securities and then have them charge the customer extra money to just make you feel better about the "cheaters?" Then instead of people complaining about cheating... they would complain about the price.

In summary, why worry about all those things that you cannot control? Just focus on yourself and your own personal development! Not the shortcomings of others. There is a market out there and it is supplying a demand. Whether you like it or not... it will always happen. I just dont understand where all the contempt and venom comes from while I am reading this thread. There are millions of people around the world taking these tests... why not just value the persons here in this forum and appreciate that these things can make you more appreciated.

HERE IS A GOOD POINT!!! Dont stress on the persons "cheating" by dumping a test but value them because when they cannot perform the job and you can... they only make you look more valuable!

Well, Ive extended my .02 cents (more lik .22cents) in which I need to buy my next coffee during my studies.

Wilson Samuel Wed, 08/20/2008 - 12:07

Nice points Eric!!!

Btw I had already surrendered to this view, however still sometimes i have had felt that it would have been "better" if there was a "solution" to this "problem".

However if this "proble" gets solved another "problem" would emerge and hence the wheel will go on and on and on....

Hence, as Late Darwin said, its "Survival of the Fittest" period.


Wilson Samuel

tomlirvine Thu, 06/27/2013 - 12:36

               The only way to put these illegitimate  websites out of business is for Cisco to ease the complexity of their certifications.  Inasmuch as, Microsoft, CompTIA, CIW, etc., face the same problem, they, at least give demanding but answerable questions, time enough to complete the exam, and the ability to go back and change an answer, which, in it self, promotes goodwill and benevolence by the candidate to use viable and legitimate resources in obtaining certififcation.

If the difficulty is too great, it is human nature for all of humanity to explore other avenues to reach success, whatever the price or means are available in obtaining the favorable or desired outcome.   

Ease up, Cisco.  Passable exams will not degrade your certification, but will help the candidate in discovering the benefits of conforming to recognized principles and accepted rules or standards in the certification process.  Passable exams promote self-esteem, assurance and self-fulfilling dreams in knowing that one is capable in producing achievable goals and purpose.  Passable exams should be exciting and without fear of failure or conjecture.

By the the way, Cisco, what is your pass rate for first time CCNA candidates? 10%? 15%?  I've have just made my point about this entire discussion.   


roger jones Sun, 08/04/2013 - 08:07

Know what you guys mean , I got to CCNP off my own toil no help ...however as a manager for several years the amount of guys I meet with loads of Certs but the skill of a boiled parsnip is at least 2 to 1 ....

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App


This Discussion