cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCO Connection Through Common Service GUI Problem

t805986
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem connecting to cisco.com via Common Services, so that I can update a device package. The error I receive is "Connection to Cisco.com failed. Please check log files. Download operation cannot proceed."

I have tested the proxy through another machine and that works without an issue. As well, I ran a End of Sale / End of Life Report through RME that successfully connected to cisco.com.

I then did a data capture and found http 400 (Bad Request) error's. To me this seems like Common Services it trying to connect to a page that either does not exist or the syntax of the address is wrong. The odd thing is that this worked for me about three weeks ago.

Anyone seen this before?

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version of Common Services are you running?

I just tested it on a couple of my LMS servers (without a proxy) and it works fine.

Can you test this same machine without a proxy? Also, might be a good idea to enable a packet capture to see any errors.

sfenderson
Level 1
Level 1

I had a problem similar to this. Turned out it was our Bluecoat web cache and control box. This box intercepts port 80 requests to the Internet and checks to make sure you are authenticated to Active Directory. If not it doesn't let you through. It gets control via WCCP so I had to add the CiscoWorks box to the bypass ACL used by WCCP in the router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: