cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to purchase a new switch

companyflow
Level 1
Level 1

I had two Catalyst 2924-XLs that went down about a week ago due to power problems. I need to purchase two new ones. I cant find any new switches with "SC" fiber connections which is what we have on our fiber cables. Is there a conversion available or are there any current switches that have this connection?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Much easier to replace the fiber cables. If you currently have a SC<->SC cable because of the old patch panel, you can purchase a SC<->LC fiber cable which supports your old patch panel while connecting to the new SFP modules that ships with the 2960 model.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The new switches have SFP ports, which can take fiber or copper connections.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/gbic_sfp_modules_install/5067g.html

The fiber SFPs have an LC end, so you will need new fiber patch cords or a pig-tail converter.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Much easier to replace the fiber cables. If you currently have a SC<->SC cable because of the old patch panel, you can purchase a SC<->LC fiber cable which supports your old patch panel while connecting to the new SFP modules that ships with the 2960 model.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The new switches have SFP ports, which can take fiber or copper connections.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/gbic_sfp_modules_install/5067g.html

The fiber SFPs have an LC end, so you will need new fiber patch cords or a pig-tail converter.

Hope that helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: