cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco unity connection

ggittins
Level 1
Level 1

When a user gets a call on the cisco phone and the user transfers the caller to another phone voicemail, he presses transfer *1 and the users extension But by the time the user presses the finaly transfer the greeting as ended it does not restart. Is there a global setting?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi George,

This is what you are probably seeing (Thanks Eric and Mark!)

CSCsm67316 Bug Details

The greeting doesn't start over when callers transferred to VM box

Symptom:

When a call is transferred to VM the greeting doesn't start over. Instead the greeting keeps playing and the greeting is heard mid stream after the transfer.

Conditions:

Normal operation, either transfer via a CTI route point where the operator can transfer to VM extension *XXXX, or can be transfered to VM via the messages softkey.

Workaround:

Unity Connection can be configured to inject a delay before playing the greeting. On the ports page in the system administration tool, change the setting "Delay After Answer" to a suitable value. We admit this is not a great solution, since this delay will affect every call, not just transfers, and the timing needs to be chosen just right.

Further Problem Description:

Observed behavior in CUCMBE-6.0.1.1000-37

1. PSTN caller dials the main company number.

2. Company's operator answers the call.

3. PSTN callers asks the operator to transfer his call directly to a person's voice mail.

4a. Operator hits the "transfer" softkey (the PSTN caller is now on hold).

4b. Operator dials * plus the extension number.

4c. The person's greeting starts to play immediately.

4d. The operator hits the "transfer" softkey again, to complete the call transfer.

5. The PSTN caller hears the person's greeting truncated, not from the beginning but from

the point where it was when the operator hit "transfer" the second time.

Fix implementation for Connection 7.0 and 2.x:

For Connection 7.0, entire prompt stream will restart when either the destination IP address changes or the destination CODEC changes. Same as Unity restart prompt behavior.

For Connection 2.x, only the currently playing prompt will be restarted. So users must have a recorded greeting in place in order to get the full benefits of the restart prompt feature. If no personal greeting is configured (default greeting), then prompt restart will most likely happen during the part of the default prompt that says ".. Is not available...". The prompt "extension xxxx" won't be heard since it's at the top of the prompt list.

1st Found-In

2.0(0.337)

Fixed-In

7.0(0.207)

7.0(0.268)

2.1(0.375)

6.1(1.2112.1)

2.1(1)ES21

Related Bug Information Transfer directly to greeting, greeting gets cut off.

Symptom: When transferring messages the recording starts before the second transfer is hit, I need help to configure this so that the the Greeting message doesn't start until the message had actually been transferred the second time. Conditions: When transferring messages the recording starts before the second transfer is hit, I need help to configure this so that the the Greeting message doesn't start until the message had actually been transferred the second time. Workaround: In the SA, go to Telephony and bring up the port group page, then from the Edit menu choose the advanced settings. The setting you want is "Delay Before Opening Greeting". The bad news is that this value will apply to all calls, not just transfers. So pick the minimum value that works for you.

Unity Connection Administration >

Telephony Integrations >

Port Group >

SERVER >

Edit >

Advanced Settings >

Delay After Answer = 2000 milliseconds (set to 0 by default) > Save

Hope this helps!

Rob

Do you know if this is typical behavior in Unity? I have Unity 4.2(1) and it doesn't re-start the prompt on a supervised transfer.

Hi Jacob,

I don't believe this is fixed until Unity 5.x. Here is a clip from the Bug listed above;

Observed behavior in Unity 5.0(1) - CCM 4.2(1)sr1b TSP 8.2(1):

1. PSTN caller dials the main company number.

2. Company's operator answers the call.

3. PSTN callers asks the operator to transfer his call directly to a person's voice mail.

4a. Operator hits the "transfer" softkey (the PSTN caller is now on hold).

4b. Operator dials * plus the extension number.

4c. The person's greeting starts to play immediately.

4d. The operator hits the "transfer" softkey again, to complete the call transfer.

5. The PSTN caller hears the entire person's greeting, from the beginning, just like if

Unity were re-prompting that greeting.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks, that did help! I also found another post that suggests that the newer versions of TSP can offer this behavior. I'm running 8.1(3) so I'm thinking upgrading to 8.3(1) fixes it. I'll post back and let you know!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: