cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voip over MPLS

winston123
Level 1
Level 1

guys, i have an mpls bet ny-uk,but my voip provider is a different one, i have a public ip given by my voip provider where i need to send traffic to, it is not working, should configure my 2811 with the public ip or my private ip.

I am trying to send voip traffice over the public internet,no p-to-p connection with my voip provider.

Thx

NetworkNY:2811->switch->fw->10mb mpls->

4 Replies 4

ciscocow
Level 1
Level 1

Could you be a bit more clear in what you are trying to do?

are you trying to do

2811NY-->MPLS<--2811UK

or

2811-->Internet<--2811UK

Because if you are trying to use your MPLS to connect to your Internet VOIP Provider then that will not work unless you are getting fed an Internet route via the MPLS Cloud. You need to provide a bit more detail to get a correct answer.

Thanks for the quick reply. i am trying to do:

2811-->mpls->internet->voip provider.

I do have an internet feed via the MPLS,which happens to be fed by my same voip provider for another 2811/voip connection (this is totally seperate from my MPLS)the 2nd 2811 is phycally in the UK and it works fine, sending calls over the 10mb ethernet link bet my location and my voip provider in UK. I now have a 2811 here in NY,and i try to send traffic from the 2811 here using my MPLS.

I hope this gives you a more clear picture.

Note: I use the same FW and switch for my MPLS as well as for the 10mb ethernet for internet access.

Thanks.

So you have a seperate connection for internet, it is not provided via the MPLS link? If that is the case you will need to use the public ip ont e 2811

/--(private)-->MPLS<--2811UK

\--(Public)-->Internet<--VOIP

Is this what is should look like if i understand what you have

Ok, i understand now.thanks a lot. I will implement as suggested.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card