CCSP or CCIE Security

Unanswered Question
Jun 24th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi,

I've been considering doing my CCSP (5 exams with CCNA Sec), however, with the recent changes to the exams, it'll be sometime before Cisco Press has relavant books on the market. What are our thoughts on just spending that time just studying straight for the CCIE Sec exam. It'll mean a long period before the exam, but it's only 2 vs. 5 exams.

Thoughts ??

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jim_berlow Tue, 06/24/2008 - 08:48
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Alright, looking at the requirements for the new CCSP track. They are retiring some exams and adding others. I guess the question comes down to how much experience you have.

Are you ready to take the CCIE Security in the next year or do you need the extra study to prepare anyhow? I would use that as your guide. If your going to need a lot of study to be ready to take the CCIE security written then I would just take the five exams and look at them like stepping stones. If you don't need that much study then study directly for the CCIE written.

tom_lawlor Tue, 06/24/2008 - 10:39
User Badges:

I think the big question is what are the major differences between the new and old exams / curriculum? How much does the material overlap between the new and old? I am also looking at doing the CCSP.

Actions

This Discussion