I have CCNA and passed two CCNP exams that have since retired. What now?

Answered Question
Jun 24th, 2008

I have a current CCNA, and I passed the Switching Exam (640-604) back in 10/02 and Remote Access (640-605) back in 04/03. Both of these exams have been retired. Do I need to start all over again down the CCNP track? Or can I get some sort of credit for the two exams that I passed?

Correct Answer by rsvensson about 8 years 8 months ago

Unfortuneately, you will have to start over. Cisco gives you three years to complete the CCNP track from start to finish. If you do not complete all of the tests within that time frame, you will have to retake the ones that have expired.

"Placing expiration dates on exams ensures that candidates starting a multi-exam certification such as CCENT, CCNP, CCDP, CCVP, CCSP and CCIP, complete the program within a specified time-frame. By passing all of the required exams within the specified time period as noted above, candidates demonstrate that they are tested on current content. In situations where the period exceeds three years, candidates will need to re-take those exams that expire. "

From here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le11/learning_about_certifcation_exams.html

Good luck with your studies and hope this helps.

--Richard

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
rsvensson Tue, 06/24/2008 - 10:23

Unfortuneately, you will have to start over. Cisco gives you three years to complete the CCNP track from start to finish. If you do not complete all of the tests within that time frame, you will have to retake the ones that have expired.

"Placing expiration dates on exams ensures that candidates starting a multi-exam certification such as CCENT, CCNP, CCDP, CCVP, CCSP and CCIP, complete the program within a specified time-frame. By passing all of the required exams within the specified time period as noted above, candidates demonstrate that they are tested on current content. In situations where the period exceeds three years, candidates will need to re-take those exams that expire. "

From here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le11/learning_about_certifcation_exams.html

Good luck with your studies and hope this helps.

--Richard

Frank Henderson Tue, 06/24/2008 - 17:28

i think they still count. if you goto the certification history, for the two exams there isn't information about it. I'm in the same boat. i passed the switching and remote access a few years back.

Frank Henderson Tue, 06/24/2008 - 17:31

i think they still count. if you goto the certification history, for the two exams there isn't information about it. I'm in the same boat. i passed the switching and remote access a few years back. if you read the expire date, it's listed for the 642 exams and not the 640 exams. I'm going to email and find out for sure

Actions

This Discussion