cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Leaving VM - email sent to draft folder instead of recipient?

jake-savage
Level 1
Level 1

Going to throw this out there because I'm totally stumped. I'm thinking we'll just chalk it up to the big bad Microsoft, but before I do that...

I have a customer who just upgraded to Unity 5.0 an exchange 2007 (UM). When they leave voicemail for other employees the message is sent to her draft folder rather than to the recipient. Yea...WTF is right. I saw this happen 4 times when I was testing. Leave a message for my test phone and it never gets there because it's sitting, happily, in her draft folder in Outlook.

Opening the "draft" and clicking send does nothing. Pretty weird. I thought maybe an Outlook rule was somehow sending it there, but when I checked, she had no rules configured.

Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

is this happening only for 1 user? several users?

or when trying to leave a VM to a particular user from any user?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Just happening to this one user. Everyone else seems fine. We tried leaving voicemail to 2 other employees and both of them were dumped into the draft folder.

dfm
Level 1
Level 1

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

That's v-weird behaviour!

Does this user have any issues with mailbox quota's or exchange permissions?

At the time, no. They were well under the limit for the mailbox. We went through permissions also and everything looked fine. I ended up handing this ticket off to the Microsoft folks at the company I was working at.

Hi -

Could the default caching mode of Outlook 2007 be part of the problem? Just curious ... could you try turning off cache mode for that one user and retest? I also found a hit on one of the Microsoft forums that mentioned a configuration parameter - In your Outlook E-mail settings make sure that Send Immediately is checked (restart Outlook).

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: