CCSP Pre-requisite

Unanswered Question
Jun 24th, 2008

I just noticed this on the CCSP webpage

"Candidates for CCSP will now need only four exams (three required, one elective) with the introduction of the new CCNA Security as a prerequisite, instead of the five exams required today (four required, one elective)."

How does this apply to students who completed the previous CCNA certification exam - do we do the 4 + 1 or is there another exam to sit?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 1 (1 ratings)
rsvensson Tue, 06/24/2008 - 11:05

I just saw that as well. From what I have gathered you can take another exam for the CCNA concentration (Security, Voice, or Wireless). This will allow you to take the 4 exams (3 required + 1 elective). Nonetheless, you are really still taking 5 exams...

Take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html

The concentrations are on the left-hand side in the navagation bar.

Hope this helps,

--Richard

Great timing this update :/ Just passed my IPS exam yesterday leaving just the one required (or so was the case before today) to complete CCSP certification.

Was planning on studying for HIPS exam, but by the looks of things, may need to also do CCNA Security! Hopefully the 4+1 requirement will remain for the many people out there in a similar position.

John

kdeenada Wed, 06/25/2008 - 01:10

Respected sir,

I am planning to take ccsp 642-591(CANAC).I have a query on the LAB.In the pass4sure dump the lab question is not having any answer for it.Please assist me on this,I have checked in other dumps also.I am not able to find it.Expecting your assistance.Do the needfull sir,I will be greatfull to you

Thanks & regards,

deenadayal kumar.

asgerbert Wed, 06/25/2008 - 09:24

Maybe if you studied the materials instead of the "actual test" you would know how to apply it and get the answer yourself.

Cisco has stated if they find youre using P4S they will take certs away and possibly ban you.

If this is not the case w/ you then I do apologise, but it is that site alone that is devaluing hard earned certs!

1cmerchant Wed, 06/25/2008 - 03:38

Similar question, I am a current CCNA and have passed SND, SNRS and SNPA. According to the new guidelines can I just take IPS and an elective or do I have to go back and take the CCNA Security exam? Most importantly how can we get in touch with 'the authorities' at Cisco in order to get definitive answers?

kdeenada Wed, 06/25/2008 - 04:41

Thanks for your reply Tom lawlor.Even i am having the same doubt as you said.Regarding for the candidiates who did CCNA certification before.What they need to do

michael.leblanc Thu, 07/03/2008 - 18:17

Unfortunately, that's not all it says.

It also says the last day to test for 642-552 SND is 11/17/2008.

Not all candidates start with SND. Some leave it until the end because it has not been supported with Cisco Press study materials.

The last day to test can affect your intended time line if you've chosen that approach.

I feel that the last day to test for SND should be the same date as the pre-requisite change over (June 24, 2009).

Actions

This Discussion