cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a 3825 handle a T3

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

I need to deploy a MPLS network solution which currently has (1) router at the head quarter and (1) router remotely. Circuit at the headquarter is 10Mbps. It is also 10Mbps in the remote site.

If I ever extend the remote sites to up to (5), 10mbps circuit, then I learn that I have to upgrade the circuit in the headquarter to a DS-3 in order to keep up with traffic, can a 3825 handle a DS-3 at all? Or it is better to get a 3845 upfront?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, both the 3825 and 45 will work fine with a T3. Cisco states "subrate only" for the 3825, but from experience, that is a bit of upselling on their side.

See attached document about.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

Part number is NM-1T3/E3. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, both the 3825 and 45 will work fine with a T3. Cisco states "subrate only" for the 3825, but from experience, that is a bit of upselling on their side.

See attached document about.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Heh, he. That's what I thought. In addition, I will use WAAS in conjunction with the 3825 so I really hope I can minimize bandwidth with that.

If I ever get the DS-3, which card should I buy for the Cisco 3825 in the future?

Part number is NM-1T3/E3. Please rate useful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: