cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 6.1 serial number

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

One of our Customer has CM 6.1.2 and they want to know the serial number of the server since the the server is at a remote location, they want to find this out through CLI or Web administration.

I asked to check through "Show Hardware" in CLI or through OS administration (through web) but they are not able to see it. Is there any other way to find this out other than going physically to the server?.

Thanks for your help.

10 Replies 10

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

As far as I know physically is the only way to retrieve this info :(

Sorry,

Chad

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

What box is it?

If it is HP, have you got the iLO connected?

The iLO card should tell you the HP serial number..

Note there is also a Cisco style serial number.

Cheers,

Tim

It is HP box unfortunately iLO is not connected.

Can you get someone out there to connect the iLO? It will give you the serial number.

By default it will get an address from DHCP, should be easy to track and web interface into it.

I'd get it hooked up, and order myself an advanced license for it from HP.

Cheers,

Tim

That is our problem if someone can go there we can physically get the number but it is sitting in a COLO customer rarely go's there.

Go to:

1)Cisco Unified OS Administration Web page

2)Show--> Hardware

It's the third line under the "detailed report"

Hi all,

In CUCM 5.x, the serial number is available from:

1. The output of the CLI command 'show hardware'

2. The OS Admin page. Show -> Hardware

3. The iLO port

In CUCM 6.x, the serial number is not available from either #1 or #2, even though the documentation states that it is. Here is that documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpappa.html#wp1038169

This discrepancy in CUCM 6.x is documented in CSCso99275 - Show Hardware from gui or cli command does not show Serial number of server.

So Balukr, for a version that does not have the fix for CSCso99275, the only other way to remotely retrieve the serial number would be via iLO. Since in your particular case the iLO is not connected, unfortunately there is no other way other than physical verification.

Regards,

Michael.

Thanks Mike ..

Just to let you know, I have CCM 5.1 and the output of the "show hardware from CLI doesn't show the serial number. Here's the output:

admin:show hardware

HW Platform : 7825H2

Processors : 1

Type : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz

CPU Speed : 3400

Memory : 2048 MBytes

Object ID : 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.583

OS Version : UCOS 2.0.1.0-52

RAID Details : Controllers found: 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Logical drive information

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Logical drive number 1

Logical drive name :

Status of logical drive : Optimal

RAID level : 1

Size : 76165 MB

Number of chunks : 2

Drive(s) (Channel,Device) : 0,1 0,2

Command completed successfully.

Controllers found: 1

Current operation : None

Command completed successfully.

admin:

CM 6.x with HP hardware, you can obtain the serial number through the following CLI command:

utils create report hardware

You can then direct the compressed system information file to an SFTP server. Within the compressed file is SystemInfo file that contains your serial number. I have verified this on CM 6.1.1 - 6.1.2.

The fix, however, does not work on IBM servers:

admin:utils create report hardware

*** WARNING ***

This process can take several minutes as the disk array, remote console, system diagnostics and enviromental systems are probed for their current values.

Continue (y/n)?y

Diagnostics currently only instrumented on HP based servers.

Please rate if it helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: