cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to remove intercom history and personal directory?

brandoncheah
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We just finished our ccm upgrade from 3.3(3) to version 5.1. Our users have expressed their issue that the corporate directory setting is now on #6 instead of #4 which they have grown accustomed to.

My question is...is it possible to remove the intercom history and personal directory from the directories settings? This way, we can keep all the users happy and they wouldnt have to change their old habits :)

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm afraid it is not possible and would be glad to be corrected. Cisco should really think better when doing UI changes and reording menus to which users are well accustomed.

Thanks for the quick response and i totally agree with you. Cisco should give users the option on what they want in their directories.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brandon,

Just to add a little note here, you cannot re-order the Directory choices but you can upgrade the phone firmware to remove the Intercom History;

CSCsk99117 Bug Details

Intercom History in Directory List when not needed

Symptom:

Intercom History available as an option in Directory when Intercom is not

provisioned for that particular phone, and when in versions of CallManager

prior to 6.

Conditions:

Phone Load 8.3(2) has been installed for 7941/61

Further Information

Intercom History is removed in phone load 8.3.3es3 and later. Contact TAC to

receive an engineering special version with this fix. Intercom History will

also be removed in the upcoming 8.3.4 release which will post to Cisco.com **(this is out now as well as 8.3.5 I beleive, we used 8.3.4 to remove the I/C History)**

Fixed-In

8.3(3.11)

8.3(3)ES3

8.4(0.36)

8.3(4.3)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Appreciate the input!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: