Views
Helpful
Replies

T.37 on-ramp on Cisco 2811 - inbound call issue

egua5261
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have set up an IPTel gateway, Cisco 2811, IOS Version 12.4(9)T. to support the T.37 OnRamp Faxing solution however; I'm having problems with the router detecting the inbound call, so I can't really test the application yet. Our phone system is connected to our phone provider via an E1 circuit, which is terminated in this router. A call manager is connected to this router via a network connection and we have different phone ranges that are assigned to us as DIDs by our Phone provider. I think the problem is that the Layer 3 of ISDN PRI interface in the gateway (router) is bound to the Cisco Call Manager, so all calls to any of the phone numbers in the range we have been assigned terminate in the call manager. In my case I need the call to terminate in the gateway so that the dial peer configured with the on-ramp service will detect the call, but I can't see this happening… Please see the configuration below, I have the following questions,

Is there a way that I can configure the gateway to recognize this number rather than passing it to the call manager? (I thought the incoming called-number and direct-inward-dial commands would have made it work, but they didn't)

For the t.37 on-ramp solution to work, will the router be providing dial tone and collecting the digits?

---t.37 configuration, dial-peers, and Controller interface that terminate the E1 circuit in the router (hostnames, phone ranges and IPs have been omitted)---

fax receive called-subscriber $d$

fax interface-type fax-mail

mta send server xxx port 25

mta send subject "Fax"

mta send origin-prefix "Cisco-powered Fax System"

mta send mail-from hostname xxx

mta send mail-from username $s$

mta send return-receipt-to username $s$

!

application

service fax_detect tftp://10.0.0.25/app_faxmail_onramp.2.0.1.3.tcl

dial-peer voice 20 pots

service fax_detect

incoming called-number 891xxxxx

direct-inward-dial

!

dial-peer voice 30 mmoip

service fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound

max-conn 248

destination-pattern 8917xxxx

information-type fax

session target mailto:$d$@xxx

image encoding MH

image resolution fine

mdn

dsn failure

dial-peer voice 10 pots

service mgcpapp

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits 0

!

interface Serial0/0/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

no cdp enable

Any assistance will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Esteban

2 Replies 2

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Are using MGCP as your Gateway protocol? MGCP is not supported when using T.37, you will need H323 to get the on-ramp FAX working.

HI Zin,

Yes I am using MGCP to connect the gateway to the call manager. Can you provide more details as to what i need to do to configure h.323? Will i be able to use the same gateway for mgcp and h323 so that I will be able to communicate with the call manager and have the t.37 fax feature on the same device?

Regards,

Esteban

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: