CCNA to CCDA then CCNP

Unanswered Question
Jun 24th, 2008

hi Guys,

Wants to get an idea will that be good track to follow from CCNA to CCDA to CCNP.

I have already completed my CCNA.

I know it will not recertify my CCNA but will for all the people who are out there in core networking what are your experince and opinions for CCDA, is it worth or I can just go for CCNP?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
celticfc2007 Wed, 06/25/2008 - 01:29

Hi,

Quote from CCDA page:

"CCNA level knowledge and BCMSN level knowledge is needed to prepare for the CCDA certification exam."

BCMSN is a CCNP level topic. I'm interested in the CCDA myself, but I've bumped it down the priority list for the above reason.

jrensink78 Thu, 06/26/2008 - 05:31

If you plan on getting all 3, I would go CCNA > CCNP > CCDA. You could then grab your CCDP with one extra test.

My reasoning for this is for streamlining purposes. With the CCNA, you are mainly in a routing/switching focus. Moving to the CCNP next allows you to maintain that focus and helps to avoid relearning concepts after being away from them for a while.

But if you are in a job (or are looking for a job) where the CCDA would be valuable, go for that before the CCNP. If not, getting your CCNP first would be more valuable to your career in general.

nrgoodluck Thu, 06/26/2008 - 15:01

hi guys thanks for your responses, i will more likely go to CCNP than CCDA.

once again thank you all

cyphur353 Sun, 06/29/2008 - 04:16

I went CCNA -> CCDA -> CCNP. My reason was that I took BSCI/BCMSN and then had to wait for study materials to come out for ISCW and ONT. In the mean time, I studied for and passed the CCDA. Kept me studying theory and working through problems in my head.

nrgoodluck Sun, 06/29/2008 - 15:12

thank you cyphur353. I think thats really a good way to go to achieve CCDA

appreciate your response

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion