Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Unforunatly, no, I wish there was...

Hope this helps..

Chad

thank you

Hi everybody,

I know am a little late in asking. But when i did install CUCM 6.0.1, there is an option to configure the CUCM as an auto attendant. When i point towards the applications menu it does show me a direction to configre auto attendant. My question is...

1) Can i only use this auto attendant feature to interact with incoming calls and route them off to an extension.

2) Can I use auto attendant on the same server as the Call agent or do i need a seperate server.

3) If i have CUCM business edition, can i use auto attendent from unity connection?

Thanks a lot mates.

Rustom Billimoria

P.S. I have also attached a screen of how the menu looks like

Hi,

See if below link helps you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b07plug.html

No other server is required.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hey Ronak,

Thanks for the reply. It was an eye-opener. But I mistook the attendant console for an auto attendant. My bad... But i still didnt understand the difference between the both and plus the final question... Can CUCM Business edition be used to configure auto -attendant.

Regards,

Rustom Billimoria

Hi,

The in-built  attendent consol is END of life now. It will be only supported in CUCM 7.X . New istallation of CUCM like 8.x will have to purchase CUBAC/CUDAC/CUEAC for the functionality. This will require another server. This is provided by our OEM partner arcsolutions.

regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

AC needs someone handling calls, mostly made for a recepcionist

AA, no one handles the calls, the system is preconfigured to provide certain options and behaviors.

Yes, if you have CUCMBE you can configure an AA in CUC with call handlers, search CSC if you're not familiar with the procedure, there's a million threads for that on CSC.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate