CCNA advise please?

Unanswered Question
Jun 24th, 2008

I work work a lot of Cisco equipment (ASA's, Catalysts, 800/1800 routers ect), but it's time for me to study and get my first exams.

I have bought the ICND1 and ICND2 books that will help me study for the CCNA exam.

However as I'm new to the this area on Cisco (I am use to Microsofts exams) are there any prep exams I can buy/download and prepare me for these 2 exams?

I can read the books and mess about with some of my spare equipment, but wondered what you guys do? I have no idea what a Cisco exam looks like :)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sashank1985 Sun, 06/29/2008 - 05:40

go through the preparation center ....attemp the practise exams..u will know the pattern of the exams..and it helps u a lot

321sandun Mon, 06/30/2008 - 02:29

If you have bought the two books you can download two CCNA exam engines using the CDs available with the books. According to the description in the book one exam dpwnload will have 150-200 sample questions.Isn't it enough? It is free with the book purchase.

You only need the secret key come with the CD cover.

daniel.lukic Mon, 06/30/2008 - 06:13

i passed 640-822 last friday and i'm going to take 640-816 this friday.

to prepare for the exam you might want to take a look at:

- The Official Exam Certification Guide you already bought

- CCNA TV (which gets you started very fast on technologies like STP, VLAN, VTP, routing and subnetting)

- ICND1 and 2 practice questions from CCNA prep center

- Quick learning modules from CCNA prep center

- Lab Simulations from CCNA prep center

The CCNA prep center is a very good resource, it's in fact one of the best web sites i know.

I took every module of the ICND1 practice questions several times, to make sure i am able to answer these questions very quick. And with at least 90% of the questions answered correctly. The questions helped me to discover my weaknesses and to determine on which topics to focus my learning.

This week i'm focussing on OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP and BGP. I think i already have a very good knowledge of the Layer 2 technologies covered in the CCNA exam.

Good luck!

Regards, Daniel

whiteford Mon, 06/30/2008 - 06:39

Hi Daniel and the other guys, this great help. I have the following Cisco Press books:

Authorised Self-Study - Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) - 2nd edition

Authorised Self-Study - Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 2 (ICND2) - 3rd edition

Official Exam Certification Guide - 2nd edition

Are these a good start?

daniel.lukic Mon, 06/30/2008 - 16:39

the Odom books are great companions for the preparation. But i highly recommend to review the mentioned CCNA prep center resources as well. Especially the practice questions.

This Discussion