Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7940 with 2 lines but only max 1 incoming call

kris.brackx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

Just a question if the following is possible:

I have several 7940's with two different lines configured with 2 different extensions in 2 different partitions. On the first one the agent extension is configured, second one is to be reachable for backoffice.

I want now that when they are in a call at the first line, that they are busy not only on this line (with max # of calls / Busy Trigger) but also on the other second line.

Is this possible?

I already thought to put a forward all on the second line to the first line and then with the max # of calls / Busy Trigger but isn't there a better solution??

Thanks in advance!!

Kris

3 Replies 3

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Just don't answer the second line.

What is the second line used for? (Who calls that line and for what reason?)

Don't do your last paragraph. Only IPCC should be sending calls to that first line.

line state is independent on each line and there is no real function to make a line busy when the other is the one with the call other than having a call on that one or doing the CF workaround you mention

only other thing i could think of would be to set DND manually every time you have a call on 1st line, but that would require at least CUCM 6.x and would be manual procedure

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi all,

Why not leave the 2 line an put the first line/number in a hunt/pilot group?

Greets

Norbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: