Views
Helpful
Replies

WarningSyslog message

hipohoneywell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have received the following message, and would like to know what it means and what can be done to stop it. Host 0019.7eaf.ddc8 in vlan 198 is flapping between port Fa2/0/21 and port Fa2/0/30.

Thanks for your help

Hipolito

6 Replies 6

Hi,

This message means that probably you have a loop on your network.

Check it.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Probably someone plugged a cable in between those two ports somehow . It should block itself off via spanning tree . see if the switch sees itself via cdp on those ports . Also see if spanning tree is blocking either of those ports via show spanning tree blockedports command.

I tried the command, but the blocking ports are correct. I have 2 access points connected on those ports, and the mac address belongs to a wireless device.

Any idea?

Thanks

Hi,

Probably the wireless device associates alternatively between two access point resulting in a flapping of its mac address on the port of switch.

Or the two access point form a wireless bridhe between them....in this way you have a loop.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

jerry_best
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you please paste exact error message.

Thanks

Jerry

5770: Jun 25 11:01:20.624: %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 0019.7d37.fd25 in vlan 901 is flapping between port Fa2/0/12 and port Fa2/0/9

Knock yourself out.

Thanks

P.D.

Last message is from another switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: