CCSP Question

Unanswered Question
Jun 25th, 2008

Hi Guyz, i got a CCNA R&S, CCNP. If i wanna take CCSP, do i need to take CCNA security ? Can i directly jump to CCSP and how many papers it need to takes ? quite confusing the website....

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
michael.leblanc Thu, 07/03/2008 - 18:37

The following link is the best one I've found so far:

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/ccsp/syllabus?view=overview

My interpretation of the following statement regarding pre-requisites:

"Valid CCNA Security or CCNA + SND until 11/17/2011 (*SND will EOL 11/17/2008)"

... is that if you choose SND as your prerequisite, you better be able to pass it by 11/17/2008, and you better be able to pass all CCSP exams by 11/17/2011.

A quick check of the Cisco Press website shows a full complement of study materials available for the CCNA Security pre-requisite. The same can not be said for SND. That would be the deciding factor if it were me.

I also would hope that since any professional level exam enables you to keep the CCNP current that Cisco will accept the CCNP as a pre-requisite for the CCSP. There's more security within the CCNP than a single entry level course. Does not seem in-line with the re-certification to require professional level certificate holders to go back down in order to get another professional level exam.

michael.leblanc Mon, 07/28/2008 - 07:18

Until recently, you would have had to complete five CCSP-level exams, even if you had your CCNP.

The most basic of the five (SND) is being bumped to the CCNA level (with a new name and updated content); and classified as a pre-requisite to CCSP. I doubt that the complexity of the exam has changed.

You might not like that one of the exams is now recognized as an Associate-Level exam, but the requirements really haven't changed.

You still had to write an exam (SND) on subject matter that you felt was below your skill level before the most recent change.

CCDP has required the CCDA pre-requisite for several years.

Actions

This Discussion