CCDP from CCNP, how many papers to go ?

Unanswered Question
Jun 25th, 2008

i guys,i got my CCNA & CCNP. How many & wat paper need to take in order to get the CCDP ?

Is it juz pass 1 more paper, which is the 642-873 ARCH? Correct me if i'm worng. Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rsvensson Wed, 06/25/2008 - 06:59

Actually you will have two more tests. The prerequisites for CCDP are CCNA AND CCDA. Therefore, you have the one 642-xxx test and the CCDA (DESGN 640-863).

Here for the prerequisites:

Here for the CCDA test:

Just thought about this, the three tests BCMSN (642-812), BSCI (642-901), and ARCH (642-873) (or the composite 642-892 and the ARCH) all may have to be completed within three years, if I understand the time completion time frame requirement by Cisco.

Here for the policy:

Near the end of the page:

"Placing expiration dates on exams ensures that candidates starting a multi-exam certification such as CCENT, CCNP, CCDP, CCVP, CCSP and CCIP, complete the program within a specified time-frame. By passing all of the required exams within the specified time period as noted above, candidates demonstrate that they are tested on current content. In situations where the period exceeds three years, candidates will need to re-take those exams that expire."

I am thinking of doing the same, since it is only a couple of tests different from the CCNP track.

Hope this helps,

This Discussion