Views
Helpful
Replies

L2TPv3 error

spfister336
Level 2
Level 2

In configuring L2TPv3, I'm getting:

Jun 25 10:07:20.077: uid:43 Tnl/Sn 32862/8086 L2TP: Session state change from wait-connect to wait-for-service-selection-icrq

Jun 25 10:07:20.077: uid:43 Tnl/Sn 32862/8086 L2TP: Started service selection, peer IP address 192.168.7.1, VCID 77

Jun 25 10:07:20.081: uid:43 Tnl/Sn 32862/8086 L2TP: disconnect (L2X) IETF: 9/nas-error Ascend: 62/VPDN No Resources

The only reference I've found in searching was something that didn't really seem to apply to what I was working on. Does this sound like a lack of memory?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Steven,

the error message you see is telling you that the remote end has not resources to setup the VPDN service.

Are you sure that the remote end is the right one ? It could be a NAS server I also see that is an Ascend, however it may be a device that is not offering the service your device is asking for. So the service selection fails and it sends you a message.

This is my guess I may be wrong

Keep us informed if there is any progress

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Yes, I'm pretty sure now that it's a memory problem. I'm going to try and max out the memory on that router.

The error kind of threw me off. I'm not sure why it says "Ascend". It's a Cisco 3640. I don't think we have any Ascend devices on our network. The 3640 is configured almost exactly like the one on the central side.

Like I said, I'm going to add 32mb to that router and see what happens.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card