IPCCx / IVR query

Unanswered Question
Jun 25th, 2008

Guys, i am looking at a solution for a customer and i need a little help.

The scenario is as follows. The customer has callmanager 4.1. They want someway of their employees to dial into callmanager to report sickness. They have got a 3rd party software development company in to write an application, but they need some way of getting the info required through an IVR and passing it off to the application.

I was originally thinking of writing a script in IPCCx to gather the info and write it into a DB which the app can read from. However i have just noticed that Cisco is no longer selling a compatible IPCCx or IVR for CM 4.1 as it went End of Sale last month.

I am now strugling to think of another way to do this without upgrading the CM, this is not really a option due to cost.

Also one other query is regarding IVR ports in IPCCx. The customer say they will need a maximum of 30 concurrent calls into the script. Can someone confirm what licenses i would have to order. My beleif is that they would require Premium licenses as they are doing DB integration, but to get 30 concurrent calls, can they just buy IVR ports as they do not need seats as it not being used as a contact centre - or is this where the IP IVR product comes in?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Chad Stachowicz Wed, 06/25/2008 - 08:51

I think they could buy 30 IP IVR Ports with no UCCX. You are correct this is where IP IVR comes in! I think you should still be able to order 4.5(2). IP IVR? If not it shouldnt be a big deal to get this taken care of with licensing!

gary.simpson Wed, 06/25/2008 - 09:03

many thanks for your speedy reply.

IP IVR 4.5 went end of sale May 12th, but you think there is a good chance they could still order. That would be fantastic news if they could. I'll look into that.

So just to confirm something as i have never worked on the IP IVR product, is IP IVR pretty much the same as IPCCx (or more importantly, is the scripting engine the same?).

Also, do you still need different levels of licenses or does one license do all, including DB dips?

Many thanks again,

Chad Stachowicz Wed, 06/25/2008 - 10:24

IP IVR is exactly the same as UCCX except rmcm subsytem and no agent stuff in the CRA editor. IP IVR is one license do all as far as DB Dips go!

This Discussion